• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R insurance

hi every1,

test drove a 56 plate type r today and i really want it, i fell in love with it the moment i sat in the Recaro's.

The problem i have is that i am 19 and insurance seems to be a killer. Can any1 help on this?

Thanks.

Welcome to TRO fella - I will drop this into the insurance section as you are new to the site. :wink:

As for insuring a Gp 17 car @ 19 years old - difficult is one word I would use.

What insurance history do you have?

was insured from the age of 17 - 18 on a nova SR (not sure why, lol), currenyly have a modified 1.7 puma which i will chop in for the type R.

Thanks

Rcb said:
A 1.7 Puma is plenty fast enough for that age imo

I am sure NORTS would disagree. :lol:

I think your best bet with 2 years NCB and living in Croydon (am I right about Croydon?) would be to speak to as many companies as possible and try and play them off against each other. :twisted:

Expect to be paying between £1,700 and £2,200 annually. :shock:

RCB - what does age have to do with it. So ur saying a Civic is to fast for me then? i will happiley pay 17,000 for the car and 4000 for insurance but if i can get it down then its all good.

pezza_p said:
lol, oh ok, im not far from Crawley.

Fairy Muff. 8)

One of our users, NORTS is his name also has a high Group car @ 19 years of age (S2000) so send him a PM and he may have some pointers that could help. :D

Back