• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Pressure for a blast up the strip

Is less best, or add more air to go faster, I know its not a performance car, but the estate they are "testing" on sky's vroom vroom went quicker with 50psi in the tyres.

i would say less on the fronts maybe as low as 26psi! but once warmed up they should be about 30/32 and 50psi or even space savers on rear!

I could tell you my settings but hey thet would be cheating :)

where you going ?

about 16-20 PSI in Fronts and about 35 PSI in rears :)

And im totally serious :)

If launching you car with that torque, I would be warry for drive shafts and launch at no more than tickover (this is best in a Sc car anyway)

Happy to Help

Just curious as they gained iirc 3/10th by inflating the tyres to 50psi, I though it was better to lower them.

Realised I did not put who was testing the car in the first post :oops: , it was on sky's vroom vroom the other night.

Realised I did not put who was testing the car in the first post Embarassed , it was on sky's vroom vroom the other night.

Increasing the PSI in the tyres will normally maybe increase your total MPH but dissadvantage is getting the power down at the start

For lower power cars I can see how increasing the PSI may give some gains, but you really need grip and traction from the line

1/4 Miles are won and lost in the first 60ft :) You can forget the rest thats childs play as long as u can change gear ok :) Its the first 60ft that is where the skill is involved :)

But dont look at me can only pull 2.2 60Ft if I did a 2.00 dead (its been done I seen it but on semi slicks on a CTR) then I would run a 12.9 or faster run :)

Like the advert says Power is nothing without control :)

Obviously increasing the PSI in the rears will alow the car to be more aggressive on the front end again giving more grip, but going to hard / to soft on the fronts can cause crabbing etc etc meaning u zig zag up the strip and lose time.

Its all about a decent balance :)

Back