• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tyre wearing way too quickly - geometry checked in Bradford?

As above, not sure if the geometry is just simply out, or something more at fault, i've had a quick gander and all looks ok i.e no split bushes

The other 3 tyres are wearing evenly, so think it would be a good idea to put the Tein strut brace on and get the wheel alignment checked and set correctly, now as I work in Yorkshire/bradford it would be more feasible for me to get someone to look at it here but i'm having a hard time sourcing anyone (except Honda)

Does anyone from this area know of a reputable garage in this area?

yes mate im from bradford. There is a place just of manchester road near carnation called springmill tyres. They use lazer alignment to make sure they are aligned perfectly. The charged me £10 (pretty cheap) for the job on all 4 tyres. THere phone number is 01274 720110. Its worth trying them out as dealers charge a fortune. Hope it helps. By the way how do you clean the egr valve. If you know then post it on
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=49167
thanks mate

Thanks matey, is that simple tracking that you are referring to? I could do with a 4 wheel alignment and geometery setup, think my camber and toe are out

Some chap referred me to 'I&G' motors on Ingleby Road (apparently near a Morrisons) - might check these chaps out

I think it is just tracking but you can give them a call for further information mate.

tyre wear

If laser alignment fails to address the problem try jacking the car up and see if the wheel has any play by holding the top and bottom of wheel and using the centre point as a pivet. I once experienced the main bolt holding the disk brake was not fully tight due to the centre bolt not being fully tight, the wheel had play causing uneven tyre wear, it wasnt noticable in a straight line due to the forward motion correcting the imbalance but in corners is where wear took place. Good luck.

Back