• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Tyres Continental sport contact 7 Or Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 235/35/R19/91Y /XL

Help required from fk2 Drivers.
HI everyone, I am currently deciding which one of the above tyres to buy. I've read the reviews on the above and the continental tyre currently holds this No1 position which is a Sept 21 tyre with all the latest technology incorporated.
The Pilot Sport 4 S now in its 5th year and was the No 1 tyre previous to the Continental tyre. So it's technology I presume will not be bang up to date.
WIth regard to the continental tyre,it ticks all the boxes,but I've read online lots of reviews but nothing is mentioned about the actual wear of the tyre.Given that on the reviews the continental is 86% wear against the Pilot Sport 4 S is 85% wear ,Which I find very surprising,given that the continental contact sport 6 members were only getting around 6000 miles per tyre.Continental say they have improved the wear rate in the CS7 . The Continental is quite a bit less to buy than the Michelin tyre.
I would like to ask if any member is currently running an fk2 on either of the above tyres how are you finding them and what sort of wear you are getting out of them? Are Contact sport 7 better wearing than the contact sport 6's?. Because we all drive an fk2 I would appreciate very much if you could comment on your experiences of the following
Dry Grip,Wet Grip, road feedback,Handling,Wear,Comfort,and would you buy your tyres again.
The Michelin's are quite a bit dearer than the Continentals, are they worth the extra.
Regards Fred

Last edited:
Having ran both i would choose the CS7 over the Michelin when buying again. Dry grip i notice no difference, i dont push the car in the wet but both seem very capable. Handling and feedback is where i give the CS7 the edge, wear seems good and they ride the bumps better at higher speeds. For me if they are significantly cheaper it's the CS7 all day long.

Having ran both i would choose the CS7 over the Michelin when buying again. Dry grip i notice no difference, i dont push the car in the wet but both seem very capable. Handling and feedback is where i give the CS7 the edge, wear seems good and they ride the bumps better at higher speeds. For me if they are significantly cheaper it's the CS7 all day long.
Thank you for the reply and information. Regards Fred.

Back