• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyres

What are you views on the following?

Falken £71

Nankang £62

Avon £86

Marshall £65

I currently have Toyo T1 Rs but need two new tyres, was looking at getting a cheaper set for the rears, but obviously a set that will still do the job. I've heard that Falken are made by Goodyear and are a good tyre.

These prices are for 215/35/18 Speed rating W

Ive run Falken ZE512's for the last 18 months, the front 2 are about ready to replace and the back are fine, thats probably 15,000 miles in the time, a mix of b roads and motorway cruising.

Looking at going back to Bridgestones or trying the toyo T1R next.

Cheers
AC

Toyo
Summer tyres PROXES T1-R
215/35 ZR18 84W RF Rim-protection With mytyres.co.uk only £ 91.20

Yokohama
Summer tyres Parada
215/35 ZR18 84W RF , RPB asymmetric With mytyres.co.uk only £ 107.00

Cheers guys, yoko's are too dear Lecurie...tbh, i have 2 sets of 18s and only 1 set will be in use, so not too arsed about other set of wheels having boss tyres as i may no be using themunless i get bored and fancy a change of colour!! :roll: :lol:

Falkans aren't bad for the price, would stay as far away as possible from Nankangs. :shock:

Found the new Falkens for £66 :shock: or the model that the new ones have just replaces for £60 :shock:

Might be worth getting 4 for that price!! :wink:

DO NOT CONSIDER THE NANKAN OPTION

GOT THEM ON MINE DEALER FITTED (NOT HONDA)

THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR A CTR

SEE TYRE REVIEW

TBH, im looking at either Toyo T1Rs which obviously are my 1st option, or falkens...i mean at £66 a tyre, i'd be daft really to not get them, considering i may only use the rims they are on a few times in the year!!

As long as you remember which set you have on, and drive within the tyre, don't think it will matter, if you need the tyre for performance then go for the best you can afford.

The Falkens are same speed rating, i know everyone goes on about how they rate the T1 Rs but ive had better tyres, although not on the CTR

Need a tyre that will help me get the power down, although the falkens would be on the rear anyway, still, my mate who works fitting tyres said that they are a good tyre,highly under rated like!!

thanks for all your info guys :D

Back