• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Uneven tyre wear

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
I've noticed that my tyres are wearing on the outside more then the inside. I understand this to be a geometry problem - but is it ocvered under warranty and will a dealer perform a 4 wheel alignment?

I thought it was usually the case that the inside of the tyre wore away quicker when there was a camber problem :?

Gunn79 said:
I thought it was usually the case that the inside of the tyre wore away quicker when there was a camber problem :?

This was the case on pre-facelift models.

Chris has an 05.

It may well be an incorrect tyre pressure thing??

No allignment or tracking is covered under warranty as it can be knocked out by driver error (hitting a kerb, pothole etc).

It doesn't sound like tyre pressures as if they were two high the middle would wear and to loww the sides would wear (outside and in).

It could be that the allignment and camber are out causing this. Thats what buggered up my tyres.

Is it front only or on all?

Welsh-Rich said:
No allignment or tracking is covered under warranty as it can be knocked out by driver error (hitting a kerb, pothole etc).

Unless its fitted with the faulty rear arms that cause strange rear tyre wear and will be replaced under warrenty. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Welsh-Rich said:

Unless its fitted with the faulty rear arms that cause strange rear tyre wear and will be replaced under warrenty. :wink:

I stand corrected :wink:

Apart from that though :lol:

Neily03 said:
Welsh-Rich said:

This is what happened to mine too, but its an early pre-faclift. My dealer checked alignment, changed rear arms, re-did alignment. 8) Everything seemed o.k, but after a few months it was still happening. :?

Same process was done again, my dealer was superb though and I even got given a new tyre FOC. 8) 8)

I'm starting to think that it's my cornering attitude. IE no hanging around :lol:

What was the answer on this Chris?

My car has the same fault- it's an 04 facelift. Tom at TGM said that it can be corrected and could be under warrenty if it has the faulty arms in the rear.

sounds like you need minus wheel camber, but dont worrie ur gettin a dc5 soon and all will be good...

Fire_2 said:
sounds like you need minus wheel camber, but dont worrie ur gettin a dc5 soon and all will be good...

Exactly. Fronts are shagged on my car atm but I got another set ready to go on once the brakes are fixed.

Back