• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unknown Induction in my EP3

Ok, I'm sure I posted this on here a while ago, but I still havent gotten around to replacing the induction kit the moron who owned my car before me fitted. I cant see anything on the net that really resembles what it is, and there appear to be parts to the original in the boot of the car.

My camera is having issues at the moment, so the best thing that I can do is create a (really bad) mockup (in paint).

I feel this best illustrates the stupidity.

interior mockup.jpg

Can anyone suggest what I can/should do? I really cant afford to go the Gruppe M route atm, but I fear the crapness of it is possibly damaging the engine (the actual filter has burned a little, its that close to the engine).

I will try to get actual photos up in the morning

Thanks allot guys ;)

Thats exactly what it is, which is a relief, as it means it isnt just some random bodge job!

OK, now I just need to get a suitable replacement. Would an AEM V2 have less heat soak than the K&N, or would I be better off going all out for the ITG?

Im sorry if im just asking old questions (in fact, I know I am, i lurk here often enough!), but I can only imagine that the current kit is just super lame!

Thats exactly what it is, which is a relief, as it means it isnt just some random bodge job!

OK, now I just need to get a suitable replacement. Would an AEM V2 have less heat soak than the K&N, or would I be better off going all out for the ITG?

Im sorry if im just asking old questions (in fact, I know I am, i lurk here often enough!), but I can only imagine that the current kit is just super lame!

You will get many different answers to which induction to go for.

The AEMV2 would be better than the K&N but as you say if you can afford it the ITG, ARC, Gruppe M route is the best one to go down....

(To be fair thats just me repeating what others have said on here)

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get many different answers to which induction to go for.

The AEMV2 would be better than the K&N but as you say if you can afford it the ITG, ARC, Gruppe M route is the best one to go down....

(To be fair thats just me repeating what others have said on here)

Well, its all helpful either way! As long as I'm happy that its doing the engine no actual harm, Im happy to wait for January to roll around before I fork out for a decent kit. Cheers dirty :)

Back