• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Views on 2,2 CDTi

DiD

Hi everyone. Currently own an EP3 and a CL9. I have the EP for almost 2 years now, and the CL less than 3 months. The last months i have grown fond of turbo diesel engines. The plan is to get rid off both cars and buy a diesel engined, family car. So i started looking into audi`s and bmw`s, but was quickly discouraged from what i read on the internet and from what owners have tolled me about the longevity of these engines. So decided to stick with Honda and search for a CDTi `02-`08. But my knowledge and information on these cars is rare so really need the help of those who own/ed one.

As with most diesels, a remap alone can help increase the torque massively.

I also think you could make a CN1 look pretty nice still.

Bit of info on Parkers probably.

Be careful with the cutch after a remap as they really suffer and normally you have upgrade that as well on the diesels

I know from a friends civic with the same engine after a remap that the clutch suffered. But other than that, not specific problems or "achiles heal" in general?

I have an 08 derv Civic.

nice car, I have the toys in it, completely standard - perfect for commuting.

I was advised to keep £1k aside for when the clutch goes. I'm at 82k at the moment, it everything feels good still, apart from the brakes, which I will need to change the disks and pads soon, but it's all consumables

BTW, my neighbour has a 02 Accord Diesel. He's currently on 235k miles. so far, 1 clutch and 1 turbo.

Not bad considering his daughter has it now and the dirty cow has left it to rot.

You do and it's a dual mass flywheel too so it isn't cheap.

Now on 104k miles. still going strong with the exception of water in the grill plastic window after driving through the flooding in Aberdeen last week.

They have intake manifold issues, injectors can go, clutch is expensive. Des knows a bit more, I'll drop him a link.

Back