• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wanted Thread Limitations

Hello. I've not actually introduced myself properly yet!
I just joined from joining CTRO first. Only had my EP3 a month.

I was on the lookout for some spoon springs, which brought me to this site because there are none available on the other forums. I noticed that I can't make a wanted post until I make 50 posts, or have been a member for 60 days.

I understand every reason why these rules are in place, to stop randoms coming on and ripping people off, especially in for sale threads.

However, I find that with forums a lot of reasons people join is because they want to find something, like I do. I could be looking to buy my first CTR for example, but I cant join up here and ask until two months from now, which seems a bit against the point. The number of posts thing is fine though.

I'm not looking to cause a fuss, just thought it would be worth a mention!
Thanks
Sam

Hello and Welcome Sam.

If your looking at buying a CTR have a look in the for sale section; there is nothing to stop you getting an official TRO members motor from there or from PM'ing an official trader for parts that you would like for your motor.

Yes we understand the situation with the forum rules, we wrote them and they're there for a very good reason and won't be changing.

Also, surely it would be better to actually look in the for sale section for a car to buy rather than posting a wanted ad in the hope the one person with the car you're looking for spots it and replies?

Back