• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

weird noise can you HELP

hi guys im new on here i got ep3 type r my third one just these cars. well the issue i got with this one is i hear a constant humming noise from the engine bay at first i thought it was the rad fan but it not that , its a cone air filter could it be that it is really annoying.

does any one no wat it could be and how i can but it right

Welcome along fella :D I have a Gruppe M (CAI) on my EP3 and it hums when at idle. I should think it's normal if you have a cone type filter/induction kit, although someone else with a bit more knowledge will prob advise better if I'm not right. Try and see if it does it with the standard airbox on maybe?

It maybe the filter type but I might be wrong, probably am tbh :lol: Before sourcing an OEM airbox wait until someone confirms

thankk mates i think i will wait the car drives fine and vtec jus sound amazing and also it milano red with red u do get a few dull colour patches how car make the colour stand out again instead of a respray wat the best stuff out there to buy

I think just a good polish will get it near right again, best to post some pics so people can see how bad it is though. I use autoglym super resin polish on mine and it's decent enough for me, dodo juice is meant to be good stuff too.
Tbh though I'm not too up on my polishes and stuff, although I'm sure there's a few detailers on here that can advise as to what would be best. I can imagine though that a machine polish would be in order to sort it out depending on how bad it is?

Its not that bad at all but u can tell the rear bumper and tail gate could to with sum polish the rest of the car it bling

I think I have the same problem. I exactly bought my ep3 and noticed a really annoying humming sound. It's loudest when you stand at the front of the car. Mine has an open cone k&n unfortunately. I took it garage and they said it was the filter. I thought they were talking ****. Maybe not!

If its just a humming noise when you start from cold, its proberly just the filter. As EP3 idle fairly high (maybe max.2000rpm) which would give it a quite dronely noise.

i was thinking of getting aem v2 induction but they aint cheap lol any ideas were i can get one cheapish from that might sort that issue out thanks for the advise mate

i was thinking of getting aem v2 induction but they aint cheap lol any ideas were i can get one cheapish from that might sort that issue out thanks for the advise mate

I don't think it's an issue IMO. You'll get used to it enjoy the noise it makes in v-tec :D

It is your filter mate i have the same loud humming noise and my filter is a K&N cone filter!!!! i took it off and put the standard filter back on and the humming disappeared. Soon as i put the K&N on it hummed again really loud. So nothing to worry about it is just your filter.

Back