• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What are the best pads

Hey I'm looking for some advice on new brake discs and pads for standard calipers on my civic type r premier edition it's a 55reg also what are good tyres?

Ferodo ds2500 seem to be alot of people on here have. OEM discs would be fine

ive just had Goodyear Eagle F1 GS3Ds fitted to my fronts.... awesome tyre!! loads of grip in the dry, yet to try them in wet, have less road noise compared to my previous Proxies T1Rs..... they are £120 a corner though :)

Apart from OEM, I've tried DS 2500 and Mintex 1144.

I'd choose the DS 2500 again.

Ferodo DS2500 for me, I have used the DS2500 pad on the front of my CTR for the last 2-3 years.

Last year i thought i would go back to OEM pads as i changed the discs and wanted to bed in a new set of pads, now my brakes feel poor and i have no confidence in the OEM pads compared to the DS2500's.

Although the Ferodo's are about double the price over OEM they are well worth the extra cash and i will be changing back to the Ferodo's in the summer.

Ferodo DS2500 pads. OEM discs are fine. Try and do the hoses and replace the fluid with a quality one.

Ferodo DS2500 pads. OEM discs are fine. Try and do the hoses and replace the fluid with a quality one.
Plus make sure you put some shims on them otherwise they will squeal like seagulls coming down when braking lightly.

I've heard Pagid pads are good as well (I'm talking for my DC5). I'm thinking of something else for the pads for mine as the brakes don't feel as good as they were. The pads have plenty of life left, but compared to my RS Focus, they are pretty pump.

I think Pagid however are a fortune compared to Ferodo.

I've heard Pagid pads are good as well (I'm talking for my DC5). I'm thinking of something else for the pads for mine as the brakes don't feel as good as they were. The pads have plenty of life left, but compared to my RS Focus, they are pretty pump.

I think Pagid however are a fortune compared to Ferodo.

Yeah, depend on which flavour pagid pads. Same with Ferodos. The DS2500 are race specific pads. Standard pads are as good as OEM.

I'm going to have a go with Pagid I think. Think the model is RS4 or something like that. Heard loads of good news with Ferodo however, so I guess it depends how much money I wish to spend.

See you are from Twickenham mtailor - sorry we destroyed Twickenham the other weekend at the Army vs. Navy game!

DS2500 are not race specific

They are for fast road and occasional track use.

They ate nowhere near race compound.

DS2500 are not race specific

They are for fast road and occasional track use.

They ate nowhere near race compound.

That's not what Ferodo technical support told me. Maybe I got it wrong, but in their opinion (Ferodo), the DS2500 is not a road pad!

I'm going to have a go with Pagid I think. Think the model is RS4 or something like that. Heard loads of good news with Ferodo however, so I guess it depends how much money I wish to spend.

See you are from Twickenham mtailor - sorry we destroyed Twickenham the other weekend at the Army vs. Navy game!

LOL. Not a rugby fan.
Don't live far from the stadium.
Ebc yellow stuff are supposed to be good too!!

That's not what Ferodo technical support told me. Maybe I got it wrong, but in their opinion (Ferodo), the DS2500 is not a road pad!

It's to do with what markings they have, they aren't certified for road use in a legal sense, but they aren't a race pad.

Back