• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What do you guys think?

Hi guys, bought my first EP3 just over a week ago and am already racking up a list of things I want to do, just wondering if anyone can give me any points/advice/recommendations/alternatives to the following;

Future Mods
Spoon N1 cat back
Gruppe M induction
Mintex grooved discs + pads
Tegiwa Short Shifter
Double din head unit

I would prefer to stay away from turbos, etc to stay loyal to the N/A VTEC.

Also....I've found some "issues" that are probably nothing... My clutch feels like the bite is low, I've had it briefly looked at to which I was told it is where it should be, I have no crunching, I can change at high and low rpm with no problems but just feels different to previous cars....my last motor was a Fiesta ST so am I being paranoid? The only other issue is when the car is warm the idle is all over the place, when pressing on the clutch at low revs the needle bounces around under 1000rpm and feels like it will cut out (even headlights flicker) but then corrects itself...hasn't stalled just annoying...after a bit of reading I'm putting it down to dirty idle control valve as previous owner didn't use it much....

Apart from the above I think the car is fantastic sorry for the essay...I'm new! any info would be great :D

I think you have nothing to worry about in terms of your small issues, it sounds to me like the characterstics of the car. I too was paranoid about the clutch and box when I got it but honestly it's nothing to worry about IMO.

As for the mods, I probably wouldn't bother with the discs unless its going to be a out and out track car, the OEM discs are more than up the job. Pads though, go for some Ferodo DS2500 with some HEL braided lines and some decent brake fluid. Beware of the dust though. GruppeM is the best intake so you've picked a good one there and the Spoon N1 is a very popular (although very loud) system, and you should get some decent gains from it after a K100/Kpro

Just enjoy the car mate, you're being paranoid :)

Awesome, I might give the ICV a clean if it persists with the jumpy revs but it's not causing to much bother at the moment :) I did look at OEM but didn't know if it was worth upgrading for a little bit more, I've found some Ferodo pads on "Tegiwa Imports" so will pick some of them up. I've only seen vids of the spoon, is it bearable or 'wake the neighbours'? I probably won't go any further than back box for now. Do you know how much KPRO roughly is?

Cheers for the info, much appreciated!!

I have the full spoon system and its pretty loud, with just backbox its not quite as loud. kpro has gone down recently, I'm sure its listed somewhere on the forum or google CPL racing for approximate prices. Likely to be 500-700 with tuning but more worthwhile to do after you have done your other modifications to get the most out of it.

From what I read/hear its bearable but a bit droney on motorways etc. I think it only gets really loud if you get a header as well.

I think for a used KPro and a map you're looking near £1k, you can get a K100 for a lot less though and which does pretty much the same thing. There are countless threads around the forums about it. :)

cheers much appreciated :) motorways aren't too much of a biggie.....I do 16 miles round trip daily to work but normally car share with the other half in her....cough...citroen c1...ahem *trying to hide the shame* but driving noddys car allows for spare cash in the Type R ;)

Well i ran Spoon N1 with 2.5 unsilenced b-pipe for around a month. It was unbearable, ears bleeding unbearable. Unless you like a very loud exhaust. Id sometimes have a headache after a few miles.
But saying that when on a back road blast i loved it. But definitly a neighbors will hate you job.

I made the jump... just bought a second hand genuine Spoon N1 backbox from ebay, good cond. with the bolts...should arrive Thursday... I am questioning whether I made the right choice but guess I will find out

I've been watching loads of youtube vids, there are very few that are just spoon n1, alot have inductions, etc but from what I've found they sound good, very "jappy" (for lack of better words) at high revs

I've been watching loads of youtube vids, there are very few that are just spoon n1, alot have inductions, etc but from what I've found they sound good, very "jappy" (for lack of better words) at high revs

Yeah i found my MPG went down alot but this was due to the exhaust egging me on to make it scream!

Future Mods
̶S̶p̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶N̶1̶ ̶B̶a̶c̶k̶b̶o̶x̶ - ✔
Gruppe M induction
Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads
Double din head unit
Spray main dash & door handles
Tint rear windows
New Carpets

Anyone have anymore suggestions? I removed the short shifter as I have read reviews and I can't justify the money

depends on how far you want to take it I guess, and the route you want to go down

Id recommend adjustable camber arms and bolts & fast road setup, and if you can stretch to a set of springs also. FRSU is one of the best mods Ive done :)

oh and a LSD :p lots of fun in the corners if all of these are done :D

you could then go down the tuning line if you want, RBC inlet manifold, header, b-pipe, K100/KPRO ECU and a remap

but im guessing if you cant justify the money for a short shifter, you may not for these? :lol:

As Bowman said, springs and FRSU is probably the best mod you'll ever do.

I had a tegiwa short shifter, briefly. It only reduces the vertical throw, not the lateral, and felt very strange so I took it off. I've put a Buddyclub shifter on my (long) list.

If you're looking for power gains, best thing to do would be replace ALL the induction and exhaust parts that you plan to change before Kpro/100 and remap.

Back