• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What do you think of these????

Ii have just been given £80 which i didn't expect to be having. Now i could be sensible and use it to buy xmas pezzies but NO i'm gonna put it towards what little spare cash i have at the mo and buy some new components for the car as i'm still running an Alpine CDA-9851R h/u with the crappy standard speakers and they're starting to pi$$ me off.

Now i know Dalco reccommends the DLS range but i still cant help not really knowing if i want these speakers as i quite like the Alpine range. So what do you think of these:-

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4123&cadid=cb2b6afefabaebcff17e444806c41cb5

Opinions please peeps

i had the 2004 spec's ones not a bad speaker 4 the money but know i have the DLS UR6S and there a totally diffrent league!

Fire_2 said:
i had the 2004 spec's ones not a bad speaker 4 the money but know i have the DLS UR6S and there a totally diffrent league!

In what respect :oops: sorry i'm mean i hear nothing but good reviews about the DLS stuff but i dont want the B6 (cheaper ones) and the next ones up are £120.00 and i then need to buyer spacers yada, yada, yada. I also want to put some Dynomat behind them to help the sound etc. I have probably £120 very very max to get all the above so thats whay i was thinking about the Alpine's because i know they are a good speaker and the the best price i've got so far (haven't called Dalco yet) is £90.

I've got the DLS PS6A's from Dalco and I'm quite pleased with them, but if you aren't going to amp them you wont be getting the best out of them to be honest. Spacers can easily be made if you have access to a jigsaw, I made my own.

Funky said:
I've got the DLS PS6A's from Dalco and I'm quite pleased with them, but if you aren't going to amp them you wont be getting the best out of them to be honest.

Hmm, thats intersting to know. I'm not planning on amping them just runningt hem off the Alpine h/u. So do you think that going for the speakers (alpine typr-r) that i mentioned above would be my best option???

I've not heard the Alpine's but I've heard good things about them, I dont know how they would compare to the PS6A's. TBH, to get the best out of any component speakers they should be run by an amp to give them the power they need. Your headunit probably puts out about 18watts RMS at the most, you could do with about 50 watts RMS or more to get the best from a set of components.

monkey boy kev said:
i'm still running an Alpine CDA-9851R h/u with the crappy standard speakers and they're starting to pi$$ me off.
I know exactly what you mean. I can't wait to change mine for a decent set of comps. The factory speakers are just cack!

Back