• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What strut brace??

I've really got the urge to get some new bits and bobs for the CTR after deciding that i'm gonna keep it for a bit longer and put up with only have 3 doors when a little on comes along!!

I'm looking into getting one of the rear tie bars from the GB when i get paid but also want to do something up front. I have been looking at a front strut brace aswell. There are a couple for sale on CTRO and i wondered if someone could advise me which one would the best one to go for and will both fit with A/C. The links are below if someone wants to have a butchers and pass comment.

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=145115 - theres a couple of the j's raciong ones for sale of varying prices.

or

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=139390 - This seller does meniton it will fir with A/C.

or there is also a chap selling an E-Tec one, again any comments on this one and will it fit with A/C?

cheers guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an e-tech brace, quite happy with it it fits well, however it is not quite as rigid as the J's racing item. Though for everyday use it is fine. I have just fit coilovers and am setting about stiffening the chassis where I can and may upgrade the brace at some point in the not to distant future. Once I have replaced my suspension bushes, and fitt my new rear LCA's amongst other things.

Hey G cheers for the response, The E-Tech one is the one i have been offered at a good price (well good from the research i have done) so you mention that it is not a stiff as the J's Racing one?

TBH i only want to help 'stiffen' things up but have NO intention (well at the moment) of tracking the car so would the E-Tech brace be sufficient??

Which E-Tech is it m8? They did a few and mine is an early version called the 'wideboy' lol. It is box aluminium construction, and I have found it fine tbh. It's torsional stiffness is a little less than say a J's or DC sports item. However it seems more than up to the job for fast road, mild track use.

They also did a stiffer version that I think is steel and has holes along it's length, I think that one is stiffer still.

It seems to work well with the coilovers tightening the front end up further. Next on my list (appart from the carbing bar and JDM ARB) is to sort new bushes allround, as mine are a bit tired after 98k miles :D

Which E-Tech is it m8? They did a few and mine is an early version called the 'wideboy' lol. It is box aluminium construction, and I have found it fine tbh. It's torsional stiffness is a little less than say a J's or DC sports item. However it seems more than up to the job for fast road, mild track use.

They also did a stiffer version that I think is steel and has holes along it's length, I think that one is stiffer still.

It seems to work well with the coilovers tightening the front end up further. Next on my list (appart from the carbing bar and JDM ARB) is to sort new bushes allround, as mine are a bit tired after 98k miles :D

Hey G, The one i'm after (hopefully getting) is the 2nd one you mention. It has the holes in it. So from what you are saying, something like this would be fine for me who just enjoys a spirited drive but will not go on the track much if at all. All im after is something to stiffen up the handling and like yourself the next mod on the list would be a rear tie bar.

Back