• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Where to get??

I've seen a few tuned cars with clear plastic timing covers were can you get these from??

Also I've seen at a few shows cars that have like a full engine tray and usually have these bolted to the entire underbody of the car, were do you get these from?
Or are they custom made by owners and companies??

Do you mean a complete flat bottom? Those you normally find on race cars for aerodynamics

Ive only seen the Skunk black timing chain covers, not clear ones.
Not sure what kind of temps perspex / acrylic could withstand, and would be covered in oil anyway on the inside ?

As for undertrays, its an aerodynamic thing mostly, but some manufacturers use them to protect fuel lines etc. Only seen on race cars (other than standard cars that have them).
If your interested, try some hypermileing sites, i know they often make home made ones from perspex etc.

Just thought the ep3 is a chain so there would be oil present , iv seen these covers on supra's and evos which have belts. ( how did I miss that lol.

My faidanza flywheel arrived !! However on inspection one of the screws had a worped head!! I didn't have time to send it back and mess around as iv book the week off work to do the clutch ( and other mods). So I took it out filed it down into shape and now sits better than the others. I ended up reading the Instructions and mentions about installing a scatter shield ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back