• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which dual action polisher to go for?

Yeah you'll probably need to change the backing plate IIRC mine is a 5" plate I think that's a common size, what pad you use depends on what your doing.

Your plans will determine what pad you'll go for, as some pads are used for heavy defects (deep scratches, swirls etc) and some are for light defects (light swirls/scratches).

There's also pads for just your normal polish to help with the finish (used to make it nice and shiny) and also pads for waxing.

When you use it apply light/moderate pressure for polishing and light pressure for waxing, for instance, when waxing sometimes the weight of the machine is enough and you don't need to apply a lot of pressure.

Speed settings play a part too, for instance, you don't need it on a fast setting for waxing but you'll need a faster setting for polishing.

Also keep the machine moving, do a small section at a time e.g. imagine the roof is split into 4/6 sections and do 1 section at a time. Do overlapping horizontal lines, then overlapping vertical lines keeping the pad on the surface at all times (even when switching machine on/off or you'll splatter everything llol).

My machine isn't as powerful as that one, there are 6 speed settings on mine, I use setting 4/5 for compound polishing (to remove any light scratches/swirls/surface defects).
Then setting 4 for normal polishing (to give it a nice deep gloss shine).
Then setting 2/3 for waxing.
Obviously the settings will probably be different when using your more powerful machine so it'll be trial and error for you, work to how you feel comfortable.

I also used Hex pads from autobrite direct.

Before I started I looked on youtube at the Meguiars videos and used their techniques and products and they have both worked for me. I taught myself I think it's worth it (I did watch lots of videos though llol). Last time I detailed mine I used some Autobrite products which were also good.

You'll get results like this then:
MeguiarsDetail11_zpsfc7e83ff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope this helps good luck with it :D.

Back