• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

White Bits

Had & look through the Faults, Servicing & MOT links & could not find one related to this:

I have noticed that on my Civic EP3 (06 reg) the brake calipers have started to turn white in places. It not occur on my last EP3. So I visited my local Honda dealer & I noticed some of the EP3 (03 >) on the forecaourt also had the same problem. I pointed it out and the Honda salesman stated it is mostly the salt that causes the white colouration.

So I carefully cleaned the white muck of the brake calipers on the weekend & it looks like its appeared again?:confused:

Any of you owners had this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got any pics of your calipers??? Perhaps it could better diagnosed then?

I noticed that the calipers wern't great on the CTR's I was looking at buying in 2005.. so when I bought my own, I painted mine in caliper paint (one of the best thing's IMHO I did to my Civic:cool:)

Helped protect them and looked really good.

Hopefully this is nothing too serious. I'd be interested to see what others have expereinced.

I will post a picture when I get daylight. I have thought about painting the calipers before.

Back