• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Who does Trackdays in their EP3?

I've taken most of my cars out on track and loved them, and hopefully this year the EP3 will make its début. I was wondering how many members do the same? I've got a few questions lined up...

- How do they perform in standard form?
- Are DS2500's on standard discs with braided hoses enough?
- FRSU beneficial or just go straight for coilovers?
- I'm thinking of going for Hankook v12 EVO's as they were great on my Clio, any other suggestions?
- Are there any little secrets that could massively improve the cars potential?

Cheers,

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me :)

- Brilliant in standard form, infact its better to do your first one like this and then you can see where you can make improvements for your driving style
- I drove with that combination of disc and pads for a long time and it was absolutely fine
- FRSU would be a great start and some Eibach springs, id only advise Coilovers if its mainly a trackday car, they are too hard for UK roads
- Tyre wise id go out on road tyres to start and see how you get on, there are a few trackday tyres which are preferred, for me the 888's
- The main secret is tuition, you will be amazed at how much quicker you get even with 1 sessions worth of instruction from a pro

Thanks Lottie!

I've done around 20 trackdays and had several tuition sessions so I should be fine there, and you're right as tuition is a great help! My only criticism so far is the vague steering and the mediocre brakes (which I'm upgrading), will a FRSU improve on steering feel or just increase stability? I've also heard that the ABP Eibachs are a little too low for daily use, I'd imagine they're better for track use though?

Thanks Lottie!

I've done around 20 trackdays and had several tuition sessions so I should be fine there, and you're right as tuition is a great help! My only criticism so far is the vague steering and the mediocre brakes (which I'm upgrading), will a FRSU improve on steering feel or just increase stability? I've also heard that the ABP Eibachs are a little too low for daily use, I'd imagine they're better for track use though?

You can never have too much tuition ;)

Only thing with the brakes uprated fluid is also a must and if you have done a fair few trackdays already id recommend a baffled sump, just in case.

As for the Eibachs being too low, I never had an issue at all with them, they were fine to live with on a day to day basis (I was covering around 20k miles a year on them) the coilovers are far more unbearable and tbh I wish id stayed with just springs.

Once youve got a few more under your belt im sure a LSD would also be a huge benefit for you but unfortunately due to the gearbox having to be dropped it isnt a cheap modification. It is however one of the best.

That's good to hear, I think I'll go for a FRSU and see how I go. I've yet to track the Honda, all my previous excursions have been in Clios and a Suzuki. Were your springs the ABP ones that drop the car more than the regular Eibachs? I've bought some AP Racing 600 fluid also! :)

That's good to hear, I think I'll go for a FRSU and see how I go. I've yet to track the Honda, all my previous excursions have been in Clios and a Suzuki. Were your springs the ABP ones that drop the car more than the regular Eibachs? I've bought some AP Racing 600 fluid also! :)

I had the Eibachs :cool:

Aren't there two types of Eibach spring though? Maybe I've heard wrong but I was under the impression that ABP's own Eibach springs were modified and lower than the regular ones?

I see, so ABP springs aren't Eibachs. Makes sense now!

I think the ABP are still Eibach but as you say made specifically to ABP specification, as example I have Eibach springs on my Nitron coilovers but they are nothing like the standard Eibach springs.

Ah okay! Well I'm interested to find out what the differences are between the Eibachs and the ABP ones!

Is the ride height the only reason ABP set about creating their own custom spring? Surely the lower stance affects the drive too?

I run Hankook V12's on my civic. I've done a fair few meets, and fast runs round the EVO triangle. They are great in both dry and wet. Side walls are a tad soft, but they have lasted me a long time.

Track day tyres are awesome, but all depends on how deep the pocket is.

Cheers Jon, I was hoping to hear positive feedback. I've used them on previous cars and have intentions of using them on the Honda.

I'd love 888's but as you say they're a tad expensive, and terrible in poor conditions!

I was quite surprised how good they. Coupled with a full frsu it grips like anything.

I'm going to be tracking this year I will buying another full set. Well impressed with them.

As said above coilovers are for track only. They ruined my last car... And my back.

Back