• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will a ....

Mugen Twinloop Exhaust off of a UK spec Honda Integra Type R fit on the EP3 system?

The Integra has a standard OE centre pipe with a 2 1/4 inch flange.

Cheers,

Ady

Back boxes are different lengths on the EP3 and DC5 but the b-pipes are the same length and interchangeable with some modding where they bolt onto the cat.

Standard B-pipe on a DC5 is larger bore.

Mugen twin loop is a cat-back system and doesn't go onto a standard B-pipe IIRC, it needs the Mugen B-pipe. Either way, as Chris said it won't fit as they are different lengths.

Back boxes are different lengths on the EP3 and DC5 but the b-pipes are the same length and interchangeable with some modding where they bolt onto the cat.

Standard B-pipe on a DC5 is larger bore.

Mugen twin loop is a cat-back system and doesn't go onto a standard B-pipe IIRC, it needs the Mugen B-pipe. Either way, as Chris said it won't fit as they are different lengths.

There is no UK spec DC5 so he's talking about a DC2 (also backed up by the fact that he's mentioned flange sizes as the JDM/UK tegs differ), which has a completely different exhaust setup to the EP3 and DC5.

There you go, I read JDM Integra, that being said it could still have been a DC2. :lol:

Also, pretty much most JDM B pipes need modding to go onto an EP3, it's not just the DC5 ones that do, in case you didn't know. I think that most come pre done though for the UK market.

Aye, it's the difference on the three bolts on the JDM car's cats are different to the ones on the Euro EP3. :smt023

Bolts are either closer together or further apart on the JDM cars so the JDM b-pipe holes need enlarging to fit a UK car.

Mega old thread bump!

My DC5 is in need of a new exhaust and I'd quite like to keep it a HKS hi power for looks and cause I love the noise. I've been offered an EP3 one brand new for a good price. The car has a tegiwa manifold so I'm guessing fitment to that will be fine was just wanting a definite answer for what work will need done to the rest of the exhaust. Will it just need a length of pipe added into the back box?

Pretty much but that's going a bit far for just the exact same exhaust.

I can get the rand new exhaust at very good money and can get the pipe welded into it buy a friend so it won't really cost much and the HKS that's on it now is beyond saving sadly.. if it's just a length of pipe needing put Into the very rear section I'd be happy enough... just when it starts needing cut and welded in each section I wouldn't be happy with that

Back