• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Will I be insured? or have Admiral got it wrong? (Ep3)

Earlier today I rang my insurance company (Admiral) I Explained that I want to fit an Air Intake (Tegiwa) and a K-100 to my EP3

The chap I was speaking to was not sure what an Air intake was, he went to ask his manger who told him to put it down as an air filter! Secondly he said that the K-100 is just a chip, and as long as i did not increase my BHP more that 25% over the original 200BHP With these mods I will be insured for a fee of £174 extra!

Do you think that this is correct? or do you think I should leave Admiral to go to a dedicated modified insurer, if so who is the best? Any help and advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Admiral only insure for modifications if you are over 25 y/o, so if they're telling you it's ok, it's ok. You've not increased more than 25%, the tewiga is an air filter... just a posh one.

That sounds OK. Admiral have always been fine about insuring my modded cars.

I concur too, they are fine with my mods and I am 23. Pretty sure they don't cover the cost of replacement modifications if you have an accident. I think its either 10% of their actual cost or the oem part.

Normally they only charge extra for 'admin charges' for mods but it depends what they are.

You can always do a fake insurance application online on their website (just use some random made up details) and then select your modifications. It will give you the list of all the different options which will be the options they are selecting their end when you ring them up and change them for real.

Yes Admiral are cheap on mods.
I had a Clio 172, s/s cat back exhaust, air filter, remap and it cost virtually bugger all extra. £15 or something a year. :lol:

Just had this with Bell (who are technically Admiral/Elephant) £400 ITG Maxogen induction kit added to the policy for a one off payment of £19.40!!

I got a quote from admiral including intake, exhaust system, k100, tinted windows, brake lines etc, the policy came up at around £850 fully comp. but an extra £29.99 for modification cover. All seems reasonable.

Admiral only insure for modifications if you are over 25 y/o, so if they're telling you it's ok, it's ok. You've not increased more than 25%, the tewiga is an air filter... just a posh one.

Lmao!! They do not only insure mods if ur 25!! Even if u tell them about the mods they wont cover them unless u add mods cover so they will put ur price up but u need to add mods cover for your mods to be included in any valuation

:)

Back