• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Winter storage

Just a quick one guys. Its that time of the year when im sure a few of us will be bedding down our babies for the worst months of the year. Do you guys have any do's and donts for the hondas? When mine was off the road for 4 weeks this year it started to rev high and low high and low which was the ICV , after a good boot it soon cleared but its giving me nightmares if that happens after sitting still for 4 weeks what will 4 months do to the car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

The ICV thing got me after only three weeks sat on the drive at home, luck of the draw I guess, it was sat under a particularly viscous tree in the middle of pollen season, a good boot cleared it no problem.

I've only had my R since the summer, but I'm sure it's much of the same as any other motor. I would pay particular attention to cleaning off road salt with an ep3 though, make sure the fuel tank is full and check all the oil/fluids. Personally I'd also take her out for a run at least once a month (preferable fortnightly) for the battery, to move the tyres and for peace of mind.

Mine has been grounded for winter in the last 4 years, there's never been any problem.

The only thing I do is
- fill the tank up
- put on different wheels with old tires, so the good ones can't get a flat spot
- remove the battery
- air dryer in the cabin

Never had any issues, in spring it's worth checking if the brakes got stuck, but that's basically it

Make an effort to drive it when the weather is dry and give it a good 20-30 min run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back