• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wiring an Alpine H/U

I was wondering whether someone can help, i was of the understanding when fitting an Alpine H/U that i would need an ISO adapter to connect to the original wiring harness to power the unit. However i have been reliably informed, that Alpine H/Us, 50W per channel will need the power wire to be wired directly to the Battery ?

Does anyone know if this is the case, and how would one go about doing this. Appreciate anyone who can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Lewis

Not heard that one before..... there is a permanant live in the loom for the h/u anyway.... Surley once you fitted it with an iso adapter you could splice into the permanant live in the ISO adaptor....

My Sony HU quotes 52x4 (I know it doesn't pump that out RMS) but was only plugged in with the ISO adapter, no direct battery feed on mine :?

ive got an Alpine H/U, just used an ISO adapter....I know that some of them use a lot of power or something so they recommend you wire it to the battery but tbh mines fine, so's my mates who have used alpines

wan_man said:
ive got an Alpine H/U, just used an ISO adapter....I know that some of them use a lot of power or something so they recommend you wire it to the battery but tbh mines fine, so's my mates who have used alpines

btw mine is 4x50W

wan_man said:

Cool, was being told horror stories about drawing too much power and blowing the unit etc etc, and splicing the power cable and just generally electrical stuff i'm not comfortable with.

lewisy said:
wan_man said:

Cool, was being told horror stories about drawing too much power and blowing the unit etc etc, and splicing the power cable and just generally electrical stuff i'm not comfortable with.

yeah ive heard about having to wire directly to the battery but as i say, mine and my mates' are fine....ive got an amp and sub hooked up too

The 4x50w Alpine units can be just plugged in using the ISO adaptor its the 4X 60w thats meant to be connected directly to the battery, although there is a way around that to connect it to the standard wiring ;)

Carl

lewisy said:
wan_man said:

Ok thats bollox mate

You cant blow the stereo, If you had an insuficiant supply of power the Alpine just switches off, you just turn it down and switch it back on again.

Honda wiring seems to be ok, so no need to feed direct from battery

I had an old Alpine (in my last car) and it had to be wired to the battery. It wasnt too much of a big deal as I did it myself and im really not a technical person.

My Alpine is wired to the battery but I think this is because it is 4x60w

Back