• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wiring from boot to headunit/engine bay

For those who have connected their amps from the boot to the h/u I was just wondering if the seats had to be taken out and the wiring went underneath the carpet, or whether the wires could go underneath the plastic trim at the sides.

I took my passenger seat out so I could get under the carpet to run the wires. You should be keeping the RCA's, power supply and speaker cables all seperate from each other to avoid interference. I ran the power cable down the left of the car, the RCA's down the middle and the speaker cables along the right.

Its easy to take the seat out, just 4 bolts to remove and it lifts out, careful you dont scratch your sill with the seat runners though.

Funky said:
I took my passenger seat out so I could get under the carpet to run the wires. You should be keeping the RCA's, power supply and speaker cables all seperate from each other to avoid interference. I ran the power cable down the left of the car, the RCA's down the middle and the speaker cables along the right.

Its easy to take the seat out, just 4 bolts to remove and it lifts out, careful you dont scratch your sill with the seat runners though.
I've been trawling through the archives on the other forum and it seems you're not the only person who says removing the front seat's easy peasy. Obviously one, if not both of the back seats will need to come out too in order to keep the leads staying separate until they reach the amp. Is removing those as simple as the front?

GreeceLightning said:
Funky said:

I've been trawling through the archives on the other forum and it seems you're not the only person who says removing the front seat's easy peasy. Obviously one, if not both of the back seats will need to come out too in order to keep the leads staying separate until they reach the amp. Is removing those as simple as the front?

The bottom section is easy to remove, where is meets the top section of the seat, push it down a bit and you should see a bolt (10mm IIRC) remove that and then just pull the bottom section of the seat upwards, there are 2 clips holding it in place. Its hard to pull out so give it a good pull.

Dont know how to remove the top section of the rear seats but I didn't need to, just thread the cables underneath them into the boot.

HTH

Thanks for the replies.

Funky, I tried pushing down the back of the seat cushion all the way from left to right but I couldn't find the bolt.

Pictures speak 1000 words, as they say, so I was hoping someone could point it out here:

rcarearseatctr1.jpg

You must have found the bolt cos you have already taked the bottom section of the seats out? Or is that a pic of a different car?

LOL sorry I didn't mention that :D No, that's someone else's. I would have got a pic with the seats still intact but i couldn't find one :oops:

Back