• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Work Safe Version of TRO

This might be too much work to do but I thought I'd stick the idea on here and see what others think.

Is it possible to have an option in preferences where you can choose to view a work-safe/friendly version of the whole forum?

For example, in the work safe/friendly version we might have...
  • Text only version of the forum, or with embedded imagines, videos hyperlinked instead of displaying the image.
  • Small non-graphical TRO banner at the top.
  • Avatars removed - there's been a few ocassions where some member's avatars have nearly got me in trouble at work!
I'm not sure how it would work with the adverts though?

I would agree with the avatars, I constantly have to quickly scroll down when surfing at lunchtime, not a great impression if they get seen :(

This is why we made the Private Lounge, if you only want to view SFW threads, then don't sign up to it.

Good point about the Avatar's though, they should all be SFW anyway.

At risk of sounding like a caaaaant, if you're having these problems then you shouldn't be looking at the site at work. Guessing your company's internet usage policy is fairly strict.

To implement what you've asked would require some heavy customisation, given the forum is maintained in the spare time of many people I think it would be a big ask. You'd have to write custom queries to the backend DB and all sorts, time and resource consuming for very little return. Just use your phone. :)

You can change the following in your settings (http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions)
sfw.PNG

This is why we made the Private Lounge, if you only want to view SFW threads, then don't sign up to it.

Yeah I know, which is why I don't use the private lounge at work. I think its mainly the avatars and every now and again there are really borderline imagines outside the private lounge posted - which I don't have a problem with, but as lottie said if your boss happens to walk past it ain't gonna look good.

Anyhow, no probs either way, just a suggestion. :)

As Al has already said, you can stop images and avatars being displayed in your options settings in your user cp. Alternatively you can stop slacking and get on with some work :lol:.

Thanks for the info al, ill remove avatars when pn at work.

Tony, we are allowed to surf at lunchtime but I don't think in an office environment where we have high profile customers coming in its appropriate to be seen with some peoples avatars on the screen. It's the reason I haven't signed up to the hidden forum but until now I didn't think we had any control over avatars.

Thanks for the info al, ill remove avatars when pn at work.

Tony, we are allowed to surf at lunchtime but I don't think in an office environment where we have high profile customers coming in its appropriate to be seen with some peoples avatars on the screen. It's the reason I haven't signed up to the hidden forum but until now I didn't think we had any control over avatars.

Back