• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 - passenger door card rattle

Hi all,

The one and only niggle for my car at the mo... The front passenger door card rattles occasionally if I play a bassy song... I don't play really loud music and although the bass is higher than default, it is not on full! Loudest I've ever had the music was volume 20!

If my misses presses the door card in, it'll stop doing it, so even though it's been back to Honda twice to have them look at it, it's still doing it! The first time they said the plastic surround for the speaker had come loose
huh.png
dodgy.png
and the second time they replaced the speaker completely (all under warranty)... the second time it fixed it for a few days and then it's back to how it was.

When I first bought the car, the bass was on full and it had no problems at all... 6 months on though and it's rattling on/off which is annoying to say the least! I think driving the car in R+ mode makes it worse as the bumps in the road must make whatever it is within the door card catch or worsen... but then if I hit another bump it'll stop rattling!? All a bit bizarre and one of the Service dept women did say that her Civic sometimes does it as well!? I'm guessing a design fault with the door card as the other speakers are absolutely fine!

My worry is that if they can't fix it and just say that's how it is, I don't really want a car that I can't play any sort of bassy music in! Other than attempting to fix it myself, what are my options? The car is on PCP so selling it this early will have complications!

And if I'm honest, it's not the sort of thing I expect from a 30k+ car....

Thanks for looking.
Ash

Just keep going back to the dealer. Like you say, it is under warranty and on PCP. You could start complaining to the finance company if you don't get anywhere.

I've got the same problem with mine mate, exactly the same symptoms. If you get anywhere and it gets rectified please post

I've had mine back too Honda twice for the same issue and it still isn't fixed.

They swear they have insulated the passenger door to stop it from happening but it just comes back every now and again.

I actually think it's the window regulators not the door panel.

Back