• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fd2

Hello folks,

Got myself a Fd2 couple months back from torque Gt, was initially trying to import an AP2 but after months off serching no such luck as they where going for more than my budget allowed, so settled for this...

No real plans for the car, need to sort out the harsh suspension and enjoy it.
It's off the road for winter so only driven it couple hundred miles but the k20 is great with the extra torque as I'm coming from an Ek9.

Still have the Ek9 but it's now officially retired lol

Will update this as time goes on and any wee bits and bobs I do on the fd2.

Looks the business Ross - very nice in blue - you gotta be happy with that!

Nice EK9 too 8)

Not a bad car to settle for.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

'So settled for this..' haha love it!

Gorgeous colour, hope you enjoy the car dude. Lovely ek9 too, you know how to pick a good Honda :)

Cheers guys....

Not much off an update but got a new double din. Had to get a different surround off amazon so it would fit correctly.

Ohh and a picture with the cars together...

Small update, steering boss came today so cracked on with putting on my other wheel.

Need to sort out suspension on what I'm for changing it to, then it's will be back on the road for the summer.

Suspension update....

Out with the old and in with the new...

Hopefully these perform as well as I'm expecting, both on the road and on track.

While the car been stripped down for the new suspension I thought it would be worth while changing the bushing/droplinks/ball joints/rack ends. Basically a full suspension refresh as the cars coming on 10 years old now and a few bushes are cracked and looking worn.

Ordered the rubber hardrace items as I ran these on the ek9 and it felt great.
Just need to get all the parts on now and get enjoying the car.

So been getting some road miles done with the ohlins installed and the alignment set, have to say they have transformed the car. No more over damped, bumpy ride. The car feels much smoother on country roads, much more enjoyable to drive around. Have them set to the recommended settings that come with the instructions and I'm glad they don't lower the car any more than the 15mm as it sits perfect.

Wee picture off a run out the other week...

Got the car booked into a local track day to really get a feel for the car and to get the enjoyment out off it.... done a couple off things to get ready for the track day.
1st was to get valve clearances check/set and while I was that far change the spark plugs...

Next up was to get the brakes sorted,the brake pads/discs on the car never felt that good driving around the road so changed these along with the fluid and bleed nipples...

Track day was yesterday, ran the car on 17" wheels with toyo 888s, the handling was great and the k20 pulls hard right through the revs. I definitely notice the difference in speed on the straights compared to the ek9. Only problem I encountered throughout the day was the brakes kept fading, think this maybe down to the Honda discs? Will have to look into it further.
Was a great day and look forward to the next one.

Did you get the centre bore of the STi alloys ground out to 64.1 so they'd fit?

Small update for the next track day, which is the end off the month. New discs and pads got for the front to see if it helps with the brake fade I was getting the last day on track.

Went with Dixcel this time to see how these fair, going by reviews they should be the job. Had project mu hg800 pads with oem discs last time. The initial bit with them felt good but as you done a few laps they just faded away.

Back