• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TODA exhaust not fitting correctly

Just got round to having my TODA exhaust fitted today and have noticed an issue. The tailpipe seems to be about half an inch shy of protruding from the rear bumper and the exhaust hangers seem to be at an angle and not hanging straight down. The B pipe seems to be sitting fine if not a little low.

How much gap should there be between the mid pipe and back box where the fire ring doughnut sits? Is it going to cause any problems if I leave it where it is? I have heard mention that as it is an exhaust for a JDM Type R that it will sit further inwards due to the shorter length of mani and cat. It's sitting about half an inch from the bumper so hopefully won't burn or melt over time.

DC5 and EP3 ones are a different part because of the length of the back box. The back boxes therefore aren't interchangeable. B-pipes are the same however.

All Toda were make for the JDM market but EP3 one fits on a UK EP3 with some elongating of the cat end bolt holes and that's it.

Are you sure that you have the correct one for your car?

I do hope so. Would have thought that the backbox of a DC5 would have been longer to allow for the slightly longer rear end of the Integra compared to the CTR?

Yeah it is, but you didn't say you had an EP3 and I didn't look back through your old posts to find out, so didn't know if you were fitting an EP3 system to a DC5 or not.

If might just need jiggling around on the hangars so it sits better.

Ah yes my bad on that one Loxy. Got a few pics up[ to show. Apart from the rear hanger rubbers at an angle (may get slightly longer ones) i prefer the exhaust tip not protruding as much.

Looks okay to me? Unless you're kicking massive flames to get the girls knickers to fall down, then you might melt the bumper :lol:

If you sat still for an hour revving the nuts off it, you might find the bumper gets a little singed. If you're moving the air flow should keep the heat from building up, but I'd keep an eye on it - just incase.

my scorpion back box sits like that on an M2 b-pipe, was strange as i seen a few others scorpion back boxes which stuck out a good 2 inches further than mine which made me think did i do something wrong lol

That's what made me wonder but used to it now. Glad I went for the Toda as it sounds amazing. Not in your face at all or boomy but just nice and sensible and enjoyable.

Back