• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noise limits

N

N8 DTT

Hi, new to the forum. I was just wondering what sort of db do people with FN2's get.

My car as an K&N typhoon intake (not my choice) with a milltek exhaust. I'm yet to test it but hoping to use a decibel meter from work to try it.

Cheers

Got my hands on a db meter this weekend and went to test the car. While not in gear the car only revvs to 4500rpm. The car was warmed properly.

I have had the car close to two months and everything on the car works fine.

Any thoughts??

How is the test performed? I thought the car had to be at 3/4 revved?

You have to rev it to whatever you can but not bouncing off the stationary limiter. Normally you get told 4k.

Get a mate to hang out the boot while driving down a quiet road.

Failing that, as Loxy says, most tracks will accommodate you being neutral limited.

Press the brake pedal and rev it. Will go over the stationary limiter that way.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

You have to rev it to whatever you can but not bouncing off the stationary limiter. Normally you get told 4k.

Get a mate to hang out the boot while driving down a quiet road.

Failing that, as Loxy says, most tracks will accommodate you being neutral limited.

Yep, whenever we go we tell the Marshall about the stationary limiter and we've never had a problem.

If they're doing drive by testing and you're over you'll get black flagged anyway.

Back