Home
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Type R Rivals

  1. #21
    punkrock76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Just moved away from a Meg RS....which was a brilliant car. Only moved away for a change. I'll see how the FK8 compares as I go along.......

  2. #22
    Ron240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    496
    Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I would think that could be a very rare car considering it's being priced squarely at the CTR/RS price bracket and how many people would pick a Hyundai over one of those.
    I have noticed other people and even areas of the press where this car is being compared with the Type R, but it is simply not in the same class.
    The i30N comes in 2 power outputs of 247 and 271BHP costing 25 and 28 grand respectively.
    This in no way puts it in Type R or RS class for either power or price.
    The i30N's chief rival is the Focus ST, and being very familiar with all aspects of it I would have no hesitation in choosing the latter.
    Last edited by Ron240; 06-01-2018 at 05:49 PM.

  3. #23
    u04pww2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    32
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron240 View Post
    The i30N's chief rival is the Focus ST, and being very familiar with all aspects of it I would have no hesitation in choosing the latter.
    Have you driven an i30N?

  4. #24
    Ron240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    496
    Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by u04pww2 View Post
    Have you driven an i30N?
    No, have you?
    The car just does not appeal to me.

  5. #25
    dbluw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    CAR magazine has a big group test of all the contenders this month - Hot Hatch of the Year 2018 including the new Megane, and a 3 way back to back between the CTR, Megane and Golf R PP.
    no spoilers but both well worth a read.

  6. #26
    dbluw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron240 View Post
    I have noticed other people and even areas of the press where this car is being compared with the Type R, but it is simply not in the same class.
    The i30N comes in 2 power outputs of 247 and 271BHP costing 25 and 28 grand respectively.
    This in no way puts it in Type R or RS class for either power or price.
    The i30N's chief rival is the Focus ST, and being very familiar with all aspects of it I would have no hesitation in choosing the latter.
    Very familiar with the Focus -but not the i30N. Every piece I've seen has nothing but high praise for the Hyundai. it's got a little less power than the heaviest hitters but didn't stop the RS Megane from handing out a beating to everything that came along - up to the FK8 certainly, Focus RS, AMG 45 140i incuded. it is not all about power.

  7. #27
    JimmyCricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    68
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbluw View Post
    Very familiar with the Focus -but not the i30N. Every piece I've seen has nothing but high praise for the Hyundai. it's got a little less power than the heaviest hitters but didn't stop the RS Megane from handing out a beating to everything that came along - up to the FK8 certainly, Focus RS, AMG 45 140i incuded. it is not all about power.
    It's a great car

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •