Home
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Type R Rivals

Just moved away from a Meg RS....which was a brilliant car. Only moved away for a change. I'll see how the FK8 compares as I go along.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I would think that could be a very rare car considering it's being priced squarely at the CTR/RS price bracket and how many people would pick a Hyundai over one of those.
    I have noticed other people and even areas of the press where this car is being compared with the Type R, but it is simply not in the same class.
    The i30N comes in 2 power outputs of 247 and 271BHP costing 25 and 28 grand respectively.
    This in no way puts it in Type R or RS class for either power or price.
    The i30N's chief rival is the Focus ST, and being very familiar with all aspects of it I would have no hesitation in choosing the latter.
    Last edited by Ron240; 06-01-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron240 View Post
    The i30N's chief rival is the Focus ST, and being very familiar with all aspects of it I would have no hesitation in choosing the latter.
    Have you driven an i30N?

Quote Originally Posted by u04pww2 View Post
    Have you driven an i30N?
    No, have you?
    The car just does not appeal to me.

CAR magazine has a big group test of all the contenders this month - Hot Hatch of the Year 2018 including the new Megane, and a 3 way back to back between the CTR, Megane and Golf R PP.
    no spoilers but both well worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron240 View Post
    I have noticed other people and even areas of the press where this car is being compared with the Type R, but it is simply not in the same class.
    The i30N comes in 2 power outputs of 247 and 271BHP costing 25 and 28 grand respectively.
    This in no way puts it in Type R or RS class for either power or price.
    Very familiar with the Focus -but not the i30N. Every piece I've seen has nothing but high praise for the Hyundai. it's got a little less power than the heaviest hitters but didn't stop the RS Megane from handing out a beating to everything that came along - up to the FK8 certainly, Focus RS, AMG 45 140i incuded. it is not all about power.

Quote Originally Posted by dbluw View Post
    Very familiar with the Focus -but not the i30N. Every piece I've seen has nothing but high praise for the Hyundai. it's got a little less power than the heaviest hitters but didn't stop the RS Megane from handing out a beating to everything that came along - up to the FK8 certainly, Focus RS, AMG 45 140i incuded. it is not all about power.
    It's a great car