• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front passenger Knock

Have a horrible front passenger knock.
So far I've changed
Passager hub
Ball joints
Drop linke
Gear box mount (PLUS NIGHTMARE)
Checked all subframe bolts are torqued properly.

It's sounds like a metallic slap when under load at slow speed.

Any advice before I start buying unnecessary parts.

Bit more info- just. had to change CV boot as it was split. Could the CV joint click? It sounds higher than that though. The gearbox mount is about the right hight that's why I swap it out.

Cheers all.

Front/rear engine mount allowing the engine to rotate (and the exhaust/manifold to possibly knock against something)? They're awkward to get on/off though (rear requires dropping the cat to be able to get to a bolt, front can require tentacles or pulling the front bumper and levering the radiator forward to give clearance - or dropping the subframe... :|).

Passenger suspension bumper or suspension mount.

Bolts not tight enough on the drop-link allowing the bolt shaft to slip around in the lower arm or ARB.

Incorrectly seated suspension/spring (there's a notch the bottom end should sit in iirc).

Broken spring (although one would hope that would be more obvious).

Missing rubber at bottom of spring (not sure this would have the sound you describe though).

Back