• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Why I Chose FK2 over FK8

Hey All,

About to take delivery of my FK2 in South Africa. I had a lot of back and forth whether to take the FK8 over the FK2, but ultimately chose the FK2, heres why:

1. Fk2 is unique, it has a quirky styling about it and I like that. The FK8 is good looking in my view, but you can clearly see its a global car (and every typer after will follow a more generic mould). It has the regular body proportions with some crazy. The fk2 is just quirky with some crazy.

2. Fk2 interior is cheaper, but again unique. The Fk2 has the double stacked display, which is awesomely type r and unique, the Fk8 is again a more standard approach to an interior. Less quirky and designed to appeal to more.

3. Fk2 is more hardcore. the Fk8 is faster all around, no doubt. The fk2 however is a bit more manic, a bit less forgiving. I love that about it, its so unapologetically mad, and doesnt care what you think. Its going to hop, skip and jump on the road, and therefore requires you to be focused. It may not be faster, but you need to be switched on when driving it. the Fk8 is a better damped, and therefore easier to drive, but has traded some madness because of it.

4. Fk2 looks more racecar than the fk8, the fk8 is a bit more rice car. I think it looks like you could drop it into a racing series and would look the part. the Fk8 looks tarted up a bit and even if you dropped it into race series, would still look like its less suited to race.

5. Fk2 has depreciated a lot and with the above in mind, just makes sense for me to buy over a new Fk8.

And those are the main reasons, happy if you disagree, just wanted to share.

Hey All,

About to take delivery of my FK2 in South Africa. I had a lot of back and forth whether to take the FK8 over the FK2, but ultimately chose the FK2, heres why:

1. Fk2 is unique, it has a quirky styling about it and I like that. The FK8 is good looking in my view, but you can clearly see its a global car (and every typer after will follow a more generic mould). It has the regular body proportions with some crazy. The fk2 is just quirky with some crazy.

2. Fk2 interior is cheaper, but again unique. The Fk2 has the double stacked display, which is awesomely type r and unique, the Fk8 is again a more standard approach to an interior. Less quirky and designed to appeal to more.

3. Fk2 is more hardcore. the Fk8 is faster all around, no doubt. The fk2 however is a bit more manic, a bit less forgiving. I love that about it, its so unapologetically mad, and doesnt care what you think. Its going to hop, skip and jump on the road, and therefore requires you to be focused. It may not be faster, but you need to be switched on when driving it. the Fk8 is a better damped, and therefore easier to drive, but has traded some madness because of it.

4. Fk2 looks more racecar than the fk8, the fk8 is a bit more rice car. I think it looks like you could drop it into a racing series and would look the part. the Fk8 looks tarted up a bit and even if you dropped it into race series, would still look like its less suited to race.

5. Fk2 has depreciated a lot and with the above in mind, just makes sense for me to buy over a new Fk8.

And those are the main reasons, happy if you disagree, just wanted to share.

Hy CocoPops,

Good choice the FK2 great car had mine for about 7 months now(dont quote me) and i love it. it always puts a smile on my face every time i drive it. i also use mine as a daily and i don't think its as hardcore as people make it out, and even if it is i love the fact that i drive a car that people think is crazy hardcore:)

Also its magic on the track, might be an expensive thing to do but very much worth it

What colour did you get?

Hy CocoPops,

Good choice the FK2 great car had mine for about 7 months now(dont quote me) and i love it. it always puts a smile on my face every time i drive it. i also use mine as a daily and i don't think its as hardcore as people make it out, and even if it is i love the fact that i drive a car that people think is crazy hardcore:)

Also its magic on the track, might be an expensive thing to do but very much worth it

What colour did you get?

Thats awesome mann! Good to hear its not as crazy as they make it seem.. the R mode is intense though, looking forward to having fun on track with it. I got it in black, what colour is yours?

Thats awesome mann! Good to hear its not as crazy as they make it seem.. the R mode is intense though, looking forward to having fun on track with it. I got it in black, what colour is yours?

I went with Championship white, Im also in SA, in Joburg, you should join the Honda Type R club and join us for a few meets and a track days here and there.'

One thing with track days is the tyres can get chewed up real quick

I went with Championship white, Im also in SA, in Joburg, you should join the Honda Type R club and join us for a few meets and a track days here and there.'

One thing with track days is the tyres can get chewed up real quick

Ah thats awesome, do you have a link to the SA club?

Yeah, will def do the basics on the car before tracking it, Endless pads, RB 660 Brake fluid, Semis etc.. I used to track my Megane quite a bit so now iwll just have to get the Type R to a happy place for track duty! Super excited!

Hi,
Good choice! I just got a call from Honda asking if I wanted to trade my FK2 in for the FK8 and I wasn't even tempted. I like the rarity factor that comes with the FK2, I barely see any on the road, and I also like that it's a little more hardcore, particularly the way it looks.
Where abouts in South Africa are you from? I see 'Smugla' is from Jo Burg and I follow an Instagram page for a SA Type R Club. Reason I'm asking is I'm moving to Capetown next year, probably around May and I'm shipping my FK2 over so would be good to know a little about the local scene. I have spent a lot of time there in the past and have to say you have some of the best driving roads I have ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy, I was in the same boat as you, also in South Africa. I also decided to go for the FK2. Ive had mine for 4 days now. What an unbelievable machine!!!

Ah Mann thats Awesome! I see there are some pics of the FK8 being transported around, not sure if press cars. I am from Durban but have some good friends in CPT who are Honda Fanatics - drop me a PM and will put you in touch.

I just picked up an exige for a friend - had to drive it from CPT to DBN - It was magical, the roads are just something else.

Ah Mann thats Awesome! I see there are some pics of the FK8 being transported around, not sure if press cars. I am from Durban but have some good friends in CPT who are Honda Fanatics - drop me a PM and will put you in touch.

I just picked up an exige for a friend - had to drive it from CPT to DBN - It was magical, the roads are just something else.

Hey buddy, yes I saw those pics, too awesome. I am not a fan of the look though, I still prefer the FK2. I've had mine for almost a week now, I still feel like a little kid everytime I get into it. I am on the FK2 whatsapp group here, I am not sure if you are? If not send me your number I will add you. I am from Cape Town with a Polished Metalic FK2. Post some pics of yours? I added a post in the Newbies section if you want to see pics!

Back