• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another B pipe Question.

Hi chaps sorry to bring up another topic on this, but after searching i can not find the answer i'm after,
My question is will an aftermarket silenced B pipe mated to the oem back box and mani not cause the raspy sound but just to help it breath a bit better and slight deeper tone? not really fussed on tone to much just thinking of breathing better and not ending up with baffle rattling sound.

regards,

Without a map I wouldn't have thought "breathing better" would make too much of a difference anyway. There's a cat in the way already too.

That's a fair point , just after searching I see people saying it's the restricted part as bore size being the smallest at this point . The raspy sound isn't for me so was hoping a silenced 2.25 centre may help

Got a j's racing 60rs b pipe for mine, might get the car on the ramps this weekend. Bolts and gaskets to get.

I tried a few combinations and found Bpipes created rasp. Standard Bpipe and Differnt backbox altered the tone, mine went to a deeper tone with N1 backbox and standard centre.

Replacing both went crazy loud unless silenced.

I may just put the silenced js racing b pipe on and leave the oem back box. Can't imagine it will be silly loud

I tried a few combinations and found Bpipes created rasp. Standard Bpipe and Differnt backbox altered the tone, mine went to a deeper tone with N1 backbox and standard centre.

Replacing both went crazy loud unless silenced.

Where the silenced ones you tried?

From what I gather it's unsilenced B pipes that can make it sound raspy.

I've got the Mugen Twinloop cat back fitted to mine which you could say is silenced three times and there's no rasp that I'm aware of, certainly none in the car anyway.

He does and I have my eyes on it, but whilst getting a new boiler fitted on the 26th it will have to wait.

Probably one of the last NEW mugen twinloop you can get hold of for the ep3,
so if you want one Scotts your best bet and he's not looking at profiteering on it

Back