• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Millano red respray

Ljw

Just wondering if anyone on here has had a respray to cure a faded millano red car.

Been meaning to have mine done for around 2 years now, but most garages don't want to take on resprays around where i live as its easier and more cost effective to do smart repairs etc, due to the time and prep. So if anyone can vouch for anywhere that would be great.

I'm based in Shropshire but willing to travel. I've tried everything with the car over the years, mopping, clay bar nothing works for long periods of time. I know I'm looking between £2,000 and £2,500 for it to be done. Before you ask i am not interesting in wrapping the car.

The thing is if i pay that amount of money i want to be sure the car won't fade again...people have told me its due to the sort of paint they used etc back when the car was built and its all changed now. However you see 2010 FN2's faded which makes me wonder if there just talking a load of crap. I really just want to future proof the car and not have to worry about it fading ever!

If anyone has got any advise please let me know.

I'm fairly sure Simon25 on here has had his Milano resprayed. Hopefully he might be able to advise.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I can only recommend sprayers in Essex and one in North London.

My advice would be to search for proper Coachworks paint work shops who do crash damage and decent work.

I would imagine that you could probably have it all done for circa 1500-2000 depending on how much prep needs to be done though. Usually it's 150-200 per panel so times that by the number of panels which is going to be 11 plus little bits here and there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2p's worth is strip as much as you can your self off, theres nothing worse than mask lines or over spray,
also makes it a bit cheaper if your willing to remove trims, handles mirrors etc etc

Didn't read through so removed comment!

When I looked at a full spray for mine it was closer to 4k.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had quotes between 2k and 2.5k but I'm just like i say looking to future proof the car. I don't want to spend the cash and it ends up fading again 8 years later like my car has done. The remarkable thing is there is not 1 dent or scratch on the car whatsoever, there is just lacquer peel on the front bumper and of course the cars pink. Is there a type of red paint that does not fade which i can get the car sprayed?

I've had quotes between 2k and 2.5k but I'm just like i say looking to future proof the car. I don't want to spend the cash and it ends up fading again 8 years later like my car has done. The remarkable thing is there is not 1 dent or scratch on the car whatsoever, there is just lacquer peel on the front bumper and of course the cars pink. Is there a type of red paint that does not fade which i can get the car sprayed?

I would think a more modern that a body shop will use will be better over the factory paint.

Red is the more common to fade out most colours but I think you'd be ok tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shop around, you can have a quality respray for a few hundred quid if you shop around. 95% of the labour is unskilled prep work, so minimum wage, don't let a body shop tell you otherwise. I just had my CRX painted in proper 2k including a colour change and door shuts and having a Mugen kit fitted for well under £500. St Mary's near me used to quote £270 for a respray last time I checked.

Above all though, ask to see their work before you commit.

Just wondering if anyone on here has had a respray to cure a faded millano red car.

Been meaning to have mine done for around 2 years now, but most garages don't want to take on resprays around where i live as its easier and more cost effective to do smart repairs etc, due to the time and prep. So if anyone can vouch for anywhere that would be great.

I'm based in Shropshire but willing to travel. I've tried everything with the car over the years, mopping, clay bar nothing works for long periods of time. I know I'm looking between £2,000 and £2,500 for it to be done. Before you ask i am not interesting in wrapping the car.

The thing is if i pay that amount of money i want to be sure the car won't fade again...people have told me its due to the sort of paint they used etc back when the car was built and its all changed now. However you see 2010 FN2's faded which makes me wonder if there just talking a load of crap. I really just want to future proof the car and not have to worry about it fading ever!

If anyone has got any advise please let me know.

Yeah had mine done over 2 years ago cost me 2.5k including wheel refurb and that was a glass out respray. Check my build thread below to see pics.

The red paint fades under the lacquer,when you have respray you must use something to prevent uva damage to paint.
I had my front end resprayed at Body perfect in wrexham,perfect color match too on my Alabaster silver fn2.

Shop around, you can have a quality respray for a few hundred quid if you shop around. 95% of the labour is unskilled prep work, so minimum wage, don't let a body shop tell you otherwise. I just had my CRX painted in proper 2k including a colour change and door shuts and having a Mugen kit fitted for well under £500. St Mary's near me used to quote £270 for a respray last time I checked.

Above all though, ask to see their work before you commit.

where are you having your work done?

Back