Home
Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Type R today?

Lowered my car today! No not new coil springs,fitted a spacesaver spare wheel kit in the back,takes the worry out of getting a flat tyre that the kit supplied cant cope with.
    2018 FK8 SPORTY BLUE. PRLintake,intercooler.Decat, Eibach,HKS bov,TDI North+ktune,Remus, remap,400+

Quote Originally Posted by verve155 View Post
    Lowered my car today! No not new coil springs,fitted a spacesaver spare wheel kit in the back,takes the worry out of getting a flat tyre that the kit supplied cant cope with.
    Did that as soon as I bought it, repair kits are utterly useless.
    Wilmo
    FN2 CTR GT & 1.8 Si in Milano Red

i fixed 5 or 6 small stone chips on my bonnet and got my tegiwa b pipe fitted
    looks good and sounds great now

Did Snetterton yesterday. 17 degrees with occasional sunshine. Left aircon off. Car was well behaved with temperature gauge not going much over half way. Very pleased with that

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
    Did Snetterton yesterday. 17 degrees with occasional sunshine. Left aircon off. Car was well behaved with temperature gauge not going much over half way. Very pleased with that
    It was 22-23c at Cadwell and mine only crept a touch over half way solo and a notch higher with a passenger. Was keeping the sessions short though as I was running the OEM pads and contiís.

How was yours temp wise at the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Another_James View Post
    It was 22-23c at Cadwell and mine only crept a touch over half way solo and a notch higher with a passenger. Was keeping the sessions short though as I was running the OEM pads and contiís.

How was yours temp wise at the ring?

I was 4 up with a bootful of booze at the ring and it was 28 degrees. I was taking it pretty easy and the gauge was right at the top. I've no idea how much warmer the car has to get before it goes into limp mode but I eased off and turned off air con.

Bedford earlier this year was around 22 degrees and I was again near the top with air con on.

My brakes are pretty cooked but I don't find the tyres or brakes to be a limiting factor - must try harder

I was 4 up with a bootful of booze at the ring and it was 28 degrees. I was taking it pretty easy and the gauge was right at the top. I've no idea how much warmer the car has to get before it goes into limp mode but I eased off and turned off air con.

Bedford earlier this year was around 22 degrees and I was again near the top with air con on.

My brakes are pretty cooked but I don't find the tyres or brakes to be a limiting factor - must try harder
    Just to add that I (hopefully) fully disable any stability control (which I understand chews the rear pads) by holding down the stability control button for 10 seconds while in R mode.

Just to add that I (hopefully) fully disable any stability control (which I understand chews the rear pads) by holding down the stability control button for 10 seconds while in R mode.
    When you go +R and do the hold it will say fully off in the dash and you need to press ok to clear the written warning.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yeah AC off is a must, with it on you are heating the air with the warm condenser before it flows through the main rad.

I found the contiís pretty bad, they rolled over onto the sidewalls unless I put more pressure in them at which point they overheated after a single lap.

Smeared a good deal of pad material over the front discs too but itís clearing up slowly.

Anyone turned their Reb Brembos into BrownBos?

A more aggressive pad does it.
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1