• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 brake choice

My FN2 is purely street and a daily driver so not into BBK or performance mods.
The brakes are looking a bit corroded but work okay so looking for something sensible to replace them and add a bit of bling.
So far the choices look like:
MTec package deal @ £171 with Mintex pads, probably with grooves and/or dimples and silver finish for bling
Evora package deal @ £208 dimpled & grooved with Brembo pads from Brake Depot

Anyone got any comments or experience to pass on please?

My FN2 is purely street and a daily driver so not into BBK or performance mods.
The brakes are looking a bit corroded but work okay so looking for something sensible to replace them and add a bit of bling.
So far the choices look like:
MTec package deal @ £171 with Mintex pads, probably with grooves and/or dimples and silver finish for bling
Evora package deal @ £208 dimpled & grooved with Brembo pads from Brake Depot

Anyone got any comments or experience to pass on please?

My car is a daily and I just brought a set of Pagid discs today £115 from Eurocarpart
When I brought the car had M Tec grooved and drilled discs they lasted me 4 years now

Street & daily - imho you can't beat OEM genuine Honda disc's & pads - totally adequate...

Thanks for the comments. Honda original discs & pads all round come to over £300 in parts even from Cox.
I'm no cheapskate but I can buy the sets I mentioned & get them fitted for just a touch more money.
Put Pagid all round on the 1.8 Si and have had no problems in nearly 10k miles so I know they are pretty good too.
I just wanted to make CTR look pretty as well.

I was happy with oem for just over a year and have now got a 4 pot brembo brake kit! Love the extra stopping power and looks decent too.
Yes for the money it may be overkill to some for a car i don't track but your money.
fff0b7d1abd6f1c9787dc1b6980a4286.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Got the dreaded stuck front caliper so getting Brembo OEM coated discs & pads all round next week.
Hopefully caliper is recoverable otherwise looking at Brakesint.co.uk

Back