• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

It depends on what mileage they are doing. Other factors obviously come into play but we will keep it simple here. :)
Yes they do but it is far longer than 2 years.....more like 5 years.
Can be depending on how long they were on a shelf for before being fitted to a wheel.

There's a set of Pirelli's fitted to our '89 Accord that were on the car when we bought it back in 2009, pretty sure they'll want replacing the next time the car visits an MOT station (Currently off the road and has been for four years).

Can you not get Parada spec 2's in the correct size? You will almost certainly die but they will last forever.

That's not helpful at all then. :mad:

Oh, I don’t know about that... I’ll be doing 12,000miles pa in my car, so any humour injected into this thread is helpful in my opinion. Oh well, “never skimp on brakes or tyres” is a mantra which has served me well so far (I’m still here) so no point changing that for the sake of a few quid.

Neil

It is if you want to scrimp on tyres that will last forever
Nobody here is talking about scrimping on tyres or ones that will last forever. You have either got completely confused or just being antagonistic towards me again. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody here is talking about scrimping on tyres or ones that will last forever. You have either got completely confused or just being antagonistic towards me again. ;)

Strange Ron, because it's coming across like you're not happy with the rate at which the tyres are lasting and you're moaning that it's going to be expensive?

I've just offered a cheaper alternative that will last forever, not quite sure what you want?

I've just offered a cheaper alternative that will last forever, not quite sure what you want?
You knew exactly what your intention was.....and continue to do so.
If you have history with another person on an Internet forum site, you cannot continue to make jokes at their expense and expect them to be taken light hearted.
I have a thick enough skin but I know when I'm being made a fool of.
That is all. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron it's getting a little silly now, we haven't been married I disagreed with you once or twice on the internet. Stop playing the victim.

My wear at just over 2000 miles.

fcc2f5297fb046d6fece6e92692cecce.jpg

Thankfully I have 4 x brands new CS6’s on all round now and 2 x 200 mile old ones in the attic ready to use when replacement is needed (by the end of the year)

It's not my first performance hatchback, and I've never had a problem with tyre wear before.

Not really comparable to a Focus ST really is it?
The new Type R’s are faster around a track than some super cars. It’s not magic how it’s achieved. That car is designed to work the tyres extremely hard to provide the grip. In turn it’s going to chew through tyres no matter how slow or fast you drive.

it’s going to chew through tyres no matter how slow or fast you drive.
This is the genuinely surprising thing.
Thankfully though it doesn't need to be that way, because there are other tyres that will provide more than enough grip with better life.
The only thing I am having an issue with is this one specific type of tyre, but I see now that everybody else is having the same experience.

It was the same with the fk2.

The PS4’s I found were more durable , but certainly not as pointy.

There’s a compromise to be had if you switch from the cs6’s.

When at their optimum they are a formidable tyre - though if I was using it as a daily I think I would probably opt for the PS4’s for durability purposes.

Back