• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pilot Sport 4 on track?

Hi, I am currently running a set of 205/45 17 set of Pilot Sport 4 on my EP3 due to MSA tyre rules (Autosolo).

Does anyone have experience of them running on track days? Will they last with enough cool down time to not worth investing in a set of AD08R or similar and a second set of wheel for track?

Depends if you’re new to track days or not. As a novice they’d be perfectly fine.

Not sure what the Autosolo regs state, but Pilot Sport 4s aren't included on any MSA tyre list anyway... Do you need to run List 1a tyres??

I run the PS4S`s on my FK2 that I used for the ring, and they are good, but the ring is also different from a normal track. I put on the AD08R on my EP3 and they are amazing and since the price is almost the same, I will swap the tires on my FK2 also.

Not sure what the Autosolo regs state, but Pilot Sport 4s aren't included on any MSA tyre list anyway... Do you need to run List 1a tyres??

Is more of a case of not running 1b + tyres.

With the 1.5 degree of neg camber, I can confirm that it didn't get ran into the sidewall. The PSS that one of the other competitor used on his EP3, have scrubbed the sidewall of writing. Dunno if the PS4 was stiffer or just I wasn't driving hard enough. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I am gonna book a trackday sometime this year and will report back. Autosolo normally are much harsher on tyres than a trackday.

Back