• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Any rattles

Hi
I’m looking to get a type R GT after an extensive search and have finally narrowed it down to a red or white one.
Do these suffer from general rattles on the dash. The one I test road had quite a rattle on hard acceleration and wondered if this was typical

Many thanks

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy!

Yes some suffer (including mine) from the A pillar rattle and a rattle mid dash as you have described at around 3.5K revs. Mine does it a lot less now to be honest, sure outside temps have something to do with it - cold its hard and rattles, hot outside its melted and gooey...

Get a white one!!!

Personally I've only had one rattle and that was the tailgate in very cold weather.

Sorted by turning out the bump stops a little.

did get something at v high revs but seems to have gone away.
did have some clips missing under bonnet so maybe replacing them stopped it.

Must say am pleasantly surprised by lack of rattles - and that's coming from a BMW which despite its miles was pretty solid. Just as well *** cos the hi fi is still feeble (although I'm getting used to it now so it is liveable) ... Great machine over-all :)

Back