• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering Rack refresh - EP3

So it's come to light that my steering rack is the culprit of the constant knocks when going over potholes and upon stop/start at junctions. Tie rod ends seem to have a bit of a play in them and I bet the rack slider is in no top notch shape either. So with that said, I plan on replacing the following:

- Genuine Honda Steering Rack Slider
- Genuine Honda Guide
- Meyle inner rack ends
- Meyle outer track rod ends
- Lots of grease lol

Honda parts can be seen here:
KMTa6x0l.jpg

Meyle products: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-EP3-INNER-OUTER-STEERING-TRACK-TIE-ROD-RACK-END-ENDS/161680089601?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Is there anything else I need that could potentially need changing in order to cure this issue? I can also order the boots if they are split, but I think last I checked they were in good condition.

Thanks!

Fit an aftermarket billet rack slider, not the Honda one. Much better quality.

Also a good time to fit a rack raiser from Tegiwa

Fit an aftermarket billet rack slider, not the Honda one. Much better quality.

Also a good time to fit a rack raiser from Tegiwa

This is something I have been reading up on. So I looked up the one from K systems Pro, but at 63 Euros for a tiny piece of metal, it seems a bit overpriced no? What is the actual deal with the Honda ones, do they wear out quicker due to the plastic or is there more to it (such as feel, precision ect)?

As for the rack raiser, I was under the impression that it is only needed on cars that have been lowered by quite a bit?

If both of those actually improve things I am more than happy to get them though.

I have been looking into refreshing my rack also over the last week.

I was also going to go for the meyle inner and outer tie rods and replace the OEM Honda slider.

Looks to be a pain to do on the car so I will be remove g it from the car.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When I had my rack refurbed I replaced part numbers 7 and 8 aswell because they can get damaged when the rack is taken apart. I was told this by the guy that did the refurb for me.

This is something I have been reading up on. So I looked up the one from K systems Pro, but at 63 Euros for a tiny piece of metal, it seems a bit overpriced no? What is the actual deal with the Honda ones, do they wear out quicker due to the plastic or is there more to it (such as feel, precision ect)?

As for the rack raiser, I was under the impression that it is only needed on cars that have been lowered by quite a bit?

If both of those actually improve things I am more than happy to get them though.

Yeah rack raiser for lowered cars. It's a good mod.

I'd go with the Honda slider if you're selling the car soon. Or billet one if you plan on keeping it. It's a lot tighter.

Don’t fit a ‘rack raiser’ unless you need to correct the angle and bump steer. This all needs to be correctly measured.
A lot of people are fitting these and changing the angle that will actually increase bump steer.
On some set ups people fit them upside down to get 0 bump steer....

Back