• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Sports CAT yes or no?

so I fancy fitting a sports CAT but I'm not sure what they're like on emissions for the new MOT test and don't want to fail in a year's time due to that, otherwise I could save money and get a decat (which I can't be arsed with and want to stay 100% legal).

Has anyone got one fitted and gone through an MOT (without a friendly tester)?

I'm swaying towards the Wagner one but also trying to work out if the dream one is worth nearly double the money.

Advice would be appreciated

They never last as long as genuine and still it’ll be a struggle to pass each year without getting the catalytic converter really hot.

They never last as long as genuine and still it’ll be a struggle to pass each year without getting the catalytic converter really hot.
This every time. Lad at work has one, (no idea of make etc) made very little difference power wise, and still fails an MOT.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

i've heard even cheap normal cats likely wont pass either. iirc, they usually have to be red hot to pass. From the odd group i'm in on facebook the majority seem to go cheap than quality.
i'm sure it's all about the catalyst which is the bit that costs but wagner & dream both seem to know what they're doing so dont know why theres a big difference.

i'm also somewhat intrested in a sports cat but it will be tied to a remap, so i need to decide if £2k is really going to be worth it.

I've thought about it but chasing a few more horses versus the possible issues going forward ruled it out for me. Personally intake and a cat-back maybe with a custom map will be where i go.

I understand the need to get it red hot and cheap being *****, it's just the last mod I had in mind for the car, but as I've heard the bolts onto the turbo are prone to snapping and the need to tweek the map I don't really want that hassle next year.

Back