Home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Disc Options

Default Brake Disc Options

I am looking for a replacement for the OEM disc and have narrowed it down to one of these 3:

GiroDisc fully floating 2 part
    Tarox non floating 2 part
    EBC fully floating 2 part

I have extensive experience of the Tarox discs from my RS3 and they were OK but certainly not worth all the hype on their website.

The GiroDisc is the most expensive option and EBC one of the cheaper and they also offer a matching (non 2 piece) rear disc.

I will be doing plenty of trackdays this year and I don't want to leave the OEM drilled discs on, as drilled disks are pretty pants for a number of reasons.

If you know of other possibilities then please let me know, I will be running RS29 pads front and probably yellow stuff on the rear as Pagid don't make rear pads for the FK8.

Thanked 8,279 Times in 5,184 Posts

Have you had a look for Performance Friction discs? Iíve used those and Girodisc, both excellent although I felt the PF discs were better.

Also look to see if Brembo do an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris. View Post
    Have you had a look for Performance Friction discs? Iíve used those and Girodisc, both excellent although I felt the PF discs were better.

Also look to see if Brembo do an upgrade.
    Good call on the PF option, thanks.
    Brembo discs tend to be drilled which always suffer premature cracking and the holes filling up with pad dust.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Good call on the PF option, thanks.
    Brembo discs tend to be drilled which always suffer premature cracking and the holes filling up with pad dust.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    The more track orientated Brembo discs are drilled or grooved, depends what you want. Take a look at the Type III disc for example. I ran them on my DC5 without any issues and that car was thrashed on track at every opportunity.

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/**...pe-performance

The current discs on my FD2 are another Italian brand, I can't remember the name but they supply to race teams. I think I prefer the Brembo's I had on my DC5 but I've only been on track a few times with them so far.

DBA discs are also very good

Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,901 Posts

As spanking paddles or brake discs?
    UKDM y0!

http://www.tmperformance.it/en/

They are the discs I have on my FD2, seem fine so far but only used them a few times on track.

@hazz - well, whatever suits each person

i am on the second set of a t3 4000 and they are great on street and track. https://www.dbabrakes.eu/t3-features

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kinky_boy For This Useful Post:

Hazz (10-01-2019)

you've either excluded or not aware of the 2pc yellowspeed discs that tegiwa list. i seem to recall them being about £130-150 less than tarox so noticeably less than alternatives.

cant currently give any links as ISP issues are causing pages to load intermittently.

don't consider this post to come with any experience - track spec/2peice brake setups are a new game to me. i've spent months trying to decide what to buy with brake upgrades before track season starts.

fwiw, dream have recommended the tarox discs for me. tbh, i dont think i care enough about lifespan to be that focused on 2peice, but i just want rid of the drilled OEM discs. the OEM's discs will last 3.5-4 years for me, so disc costs alone make it a cost effectiveness point rather than a performance one. i'd opt for a decent set of 1peice grooved discs if they existed.
    Last edited by veehexx; 11-01-2019 at 09:30 PM.

DBA, while yet to openly announce it on their website (discs still being manufactured), seem to have some 4000 (hopefully t3) discs coming for fk2/fk8 owners. Their expected price they've said to me in email does coincide with other 4000t3 disc fitments so half the price of 2piece options.