• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Covering the exhaust pipes when washing

As the exhausts all four are 3.5 inch in diameter, when I'm washing the car I always cover the tips to stop water getting into them as a precaution. Small plastic bags with an elastic band around to secure them in place. I can imagine quite a lot of water could go in when hosing down. Always ensuring to take them off when I've finished. Regards Fred

Unless you're directly firing a jet washer up there I don't think you'll be making much difference. They're meant to be outside in rain, hail, snow and ice after all.

even if you fired a hose pipe up there I doubt it'll make much difference unless it's then sat there for weeks

even if you fired a hose pipe up there I doubt it'll make much difference unless it's then sat there for weeks

no need to cover the tail pipes. As said unless you're firing the hose /jet wash right up them, nothing is actually going in. Even if it does , the first time you drive it any water left in the pipes evaporates.

Covering the exhaust when what? And that pic was when it was clean :lol:

Attachments

• 2019-01-25_11-09-43.jpg
    2019-01-25_11-09-43.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 33
Thought I was the only one who was cautious of getting water into the exhaust tips when I first bought the car!

I pressure wash the car but I point the nozzle to the side on the tailpipes. A little water goes in but comes out immediately.

Just don't point it right into the tailpipe as loxy has mentioned

Back