Home

Thread: Dc2 turbo help

Default Dc2 turbo help

Hi
    I have a dc2 which has had a turbo conversion. Which I have recently just purchased. Don’t really know a lot about the car.

The problem is I will drive fine for 10mins then it won’t rev past 3500rpm. Sometimes restarting can sort the issue for 10mins. Other times you need to let it cool.
    Anyway I changed the tps and now it won’t rev past 2000rpm. And when u hit 2k it just dies back down to idle. The throttle does nothing until it drops down to idle.
    In neutral the car will rev to redline. Also will rev to red line With the clutch depressed in gear.

Any one had similar problems.

Any help would be much appreciated

Also it’s running a hondata s300 Ecu.
    Last edited by Pd9264; 07-07-2019 at 02:49 AM.

No codes? Does the CEL light up briefly before you start the engine? You could try using SManager to see what kind of crazy map it's got installed - https://www.hondata.com/smanager
    Subaru Leone | EF Hatch | EG4 VTi | Rover 214Si | EK | BB5 | EP3 | EP3

The cel does give only long flash and one short flash

Just done some test on the TPS. And I have 5v on the yellow which is correct. But on the red and ground I have nothing. I have continuity across the 2 but no voltage. I’ve tried 2tps and both the same. When I open the throttle the continuity goes between the red and ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pd9264 View Post
    Just done some test on the TPS. And I have 5v on the yellow which is correct. But on the red and ground I have nothing. I have continuity across the 2 but no voltage. I’ve tried 2tps and both the same. When I open the throttle the continuity goes between the red and ground.
    Red and ground (chassis or battery terminal) you get 0 when untouched, does it change at all when you move the throttle-plate?

How do you have this hooked up, that is - how have to arranged a connection to the TPS when it's also plugged into the wiring harness?
    Subaru Leone | EF Hatch | EG4 VTi | Rover 214Si | EK | BB5 | EP3 | EP3

Iv stripper the red cable a little bit just before it goes into the TPS. I’m getting ground from chassis. Battery in boot. All it’s giving me is continuity. No voltage at all. Even when the the throttle is opened. I have 5v going in on the yellow only. I’ve tried 2 different sensors. Ignition is on second position.

It’s got to be the TPS I recon. As got 5v going in and I have a good ground. Just nothing coming ou on the redt. Thing is car was running before I switched the TPS. And when I fitted the old one back in it still won’t rev past 2k. Strange.

Iv just ran smanager on car. Tps has 0% input. Going to order another tps and see what happens.

It was the TPS. Fitted new one now ok.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pd9264 For This Useful Post:

Hazz (11-07-2019), mike.h (11-07-2019)