Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fk8 and discounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Philb65 View Post
    The focus is on the same level as the R Type I guess but I’m not sure about the looks. Got the day to waste so might as well have a bit of fun. Might also look at an i30N as there are some very cheap ones about at the minute but again not sure I like the looks.
    Its got a good chunk less power, but more torque so in the real world yes, same level.....BUT id have to say the R is more 'focused' with better brakes, track intentions etc... ST is way to subtle for me, even in the yellow
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

106 Rallye S1, Saxo VTS, Type R EP3, Focus ST 225, VW GTi Mk6, Focus RS Mk1

Cool

Well that was eventful and probably my shortest involvement on a forum!

Test drove the Fiesta and Focus, the focus is very much like the R, great engine, good steering, brakes I wasnít so sure on didnít have much initial bite, interior a nice place to be although very dark but fit and finish are excellent no squeaks or rattles even with me tugging at the trim. Boot small. Fake engine noise is not unpleasant. Felt very planted and loads of torque, but....it didnít feel very involving. If you need 4/5 seats itís a lovely car but dare I say a smidge dull? The R felt much more involving to drive and enjoyable. It looks Ok but the R wins again there.

This is where it all goes Pete Tong for the R. Tested a Fiesta ST2 with 190 miles on the clock. These are great little cars, the engine noise sounds ok a nice roar from the 3 pot. Seats in the ST2 were a bit narrow around my legs, felt like the bolsters were digging in but the ST3 has better seats which are a bit wider and the same as the Focus so very comfortable. Itís got 197 bhp and it just urges you to rev it and pulls plenty hard enough. Steering is fantastic, super positive and the brakes are immense, stops on a sixpence probably helped by the lack of weight. Gearbox lovely and direct. Fit and finish the same as the focus, very good. I took it on some rough stuff and was surprised at how well it soaked up the bumps. Round the bends it sticks like glue, very confidence inspiring. It just left me with a big smile and itís the most Iíve enjoyed driving a car for a long time and that includes the R and my old M2. Just goes to show power isnít everything.

So if you are still with me youíll probably have guessed by now Iíve ordered a Fiesta which just happened to be sat in the showroom. Itís the performance edition so gets orange paint (which I love) LSD, adjustable dampers and a few other bits. Itís fully loaded basically, 3 year service plan chucked in. Not in the same league as the R but more fun from my test drives of the two which sealed it and I donít think the R is £8k more car. The focus definitely isnít. Added bonus of £7k in my back pocket so a good day!

These are great little cars, massive amount of fun, worth going for a test drive just to try one out!

A couple of pictures if anyoneís interested
    Attached Images Attached Images

fair play, I do like the Fiesta ST. The performance edition is a good bit more though isn't it?

You're right about the Fk8 not being £8K more car though....it's more like £10K
    Championship White Type R GT FK8 - Remus, Pipercross Panel Filter R-03927 - Happily offending VAG owners' eyes since Sept '17

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaNtheMaN For This Useful Post:

dotty (17-01-2020), Philb65 (17-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    fair play, I do like the Fiesta ST. The performance edition is a good bit more though isn't it?

You're right about the Fk8 not being £8K more car though....it's more like £10K
    £24k with discount so probably right!

Congratulations
    Mark's FK2 Black Edition
    Mandy's Mazda MX5 25th Anniversary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MARKTHOMASBRAND For This Useful Post:

Philb65 (17-01-2020)

they have pops and bangs as standard as well..... fecks sake

Yeah yeah I am a chav deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by FaNtheMaN View Post
    they have pops and bangs as standard as well..... fecks sake

Yeah yeah I am a chav deal with it
    Everyone loves a bit of snap crackle and pop whether they admit it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Philb65 View Post
    Well that was eventful and probably my shortest involvement on a forum!

Test drove the Fiesta and Focus, the focus is very much like the R, great engine, good steering, brakes I wasnít so sure on didnít have much initial bite, interior a nice place to be although very dark but fit and finish are excellent no squeaks or rattles even with me tugging at the trim. Boot small. Fake engine noise is not unpleasant. Felt very planted and loads of torque, but....it didnít feel very involving. If you need 4/5 seats itís a lovely car but dare I say a smidge dull? The R felt much more involving to drive and enjoyable. It looks Ok but the R wins again there.

This is where it all goes Pete Tong for the R. Tested a Fiesta ST2 with 190 miles on the clock. These are great little cars, the engine noise sounds ok a nice roar from the 3 pot. Seats in the ST2 were a bit narrow around my legs, felt like the bolsters were digging in but the ST3 has better seats which are a bit wider and the same as the Focus so very comfortable. Itís got 197 bhp and it just urges you to rev it and pulls plenty hard enough. Steering is fantastic, super positive and the brakes are immense, stops on a sixpence probably helped by the lack of weight. Gearbox lovely and direct. Fit and finish the same as the focus, very good. I took it on some rough stuff and was surprised at how well it soaked up the bumps. Round the bends it sticks like glue, very confidence inspiring. It just left me with a big smile and itís the most Iíve enjoyed driving a car for a long time and that includes the R and my old M2. Just goes to show power isnít everything.

So if you are still with me youíll probably have guessed by now Iíve ordered a Fiesta which just happened to be sat in the showroom. Itís the performance edition so gets orange paint (which I love) LSD, adjustable dampers and a few other bits. Itís fully loaded basically, 3 year service plan chucked in. Not in the same league as the R but more fun from my test drives of the two which sealed it and I donít think the R is £8k more car. The focus definitely isnít. Added bonus of £7k in my back pocket so a good day!

These are great little cars, massive amount of fun, worth going for a test drive just to try one out!

A couple of pictures if anyoneís interested
    When I bought the S2000 my wife and I decided to replace the FK8 with an MK8 ST2 (ST2 so we would get the smaller wheels, got traumatised with the FK8 ). Got it in August and have done over 6k miles in it and it has been amazing, better suited for everyday UK B-road driving (because it's narrower). We moved from Hertfordshire to Wiltshire in November and it was good for the long trips. Overall we are both very happy with the MK8 ST. You will love it! (that said, the moment weather is dry-ish and warm I won't touch anything that is not my S2000!!!)
    2005 Royal Navy Blue Honda S2000
    2019 Performance Blue Ford Fiesta ST-2 - Performance pack

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vortexhunter For This Useful Post:

Philb65 (17-01-2020)

Nice to hear you are enjoying the Fezzer.

All the best, Phil