Home

Thread: Headlights no light

Default Headlights no light

Hi

One of my headlights blew so I bought and fitted 2 H1 Osram nightbreakers, but have only had them light up briefly when I was testing them, since then I plug the bulb into the white holder and the holder into the power socket and I get no light, occasionally if I wiggle the bulb around slightly I can get it to flicker on for a second

I am getting 12v to the socket and still get 12v to the holder (I even tried a new holder to no avail) and am struggling to think of reasons they won’t light up

Facelift EP3 btw
    Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,982 Posts

Sounds like a dodgy connection. Maybe a pin on the loom or something? Maybe you're seeing power when testing if you're applying pressure to the holder/socket and that's helping the connection.

Do you get any movement in the loom/connection when you're wiggling the bulb/holder/socket about?
    UKDM y0!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazz View Post
    Sounds like a dodgy connection. Maybe a pin on the loom or something? Maybe you're seeing power when testing if you're applying pressure to the holder/socket and that's helping the connection.

Do you get any movement in the loom/connection when you're wiggling the bulb/holder/socket about?
    I plugged the holder in and very gently with a multimeter tested the voltage at the contacts there ensuring no pressure was applied to loom and read 12.5v, so not to sure what’s stopping the bulb lighting

Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,982 Posts

Hmm, very odd. How about the bulb itself, have you tried another?
    UKDM y0!

Yeah and this is on both sides of the car, tried with 2 new bulbs which I can see arnt blown, I might pop to the shops and get another set of bulbs just in case to rule that out