• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Console dash flashing yellow

Can anybody let me know what was happening this morning on my dash. When I was driving to work this morning I had a alarm/beeping sound and my middle dash was flashing yellow/orange with a car sign. It would only appear for a split second, then disappear. I couldn't make out what it was trying to show me because it would disappear as soon as it popped up. It was flashing where the light up is for if you remove your seat belt or want to check your MPG etc.

Yellow is a warning, red is an instruction IIRC.

Need to know what symbol it was really, no idea otherwise as it could have been a number of things.

Servicing up to date, any mods?

Did you place anything heavyish on any of the other seats? This can happen if the car thinks someone is sat without a seatbelt on. Any forces like acceleration or cornering may have very briefly applied enough pressure for this to trigger for a split second.

If nothing was on the seats it could be one of those same sensors or another sensor with a fault developing.

If you think it was a picture of the car that flashes up my guess would be seatbelt, door or boot sensors.

Come to think of it if the boot isn’t quite fully secure this has also happened to me. Each bump you go over would briefly trigger it. Shut boot properly and goes away!

Davidpingu your last comment makes sense, the alarm/beep only went off when I went over bumps. I will make sure that all doors/boot are closed when I drive home from work today and we will see.

Back