• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 shocks/suspension

Hi people,
I'm possibly looking to replacing suspension system (cost permitting) I am looking for something with a softer feel. Living in London with all the speed bumps and potholes. Just need something that is not stiff so I don't feel every bump in the road, yes I know 19" wheels don't help but they look good :D and not want to sell my FN2 as I love it. Any suggestions?

P.S Also looking to get GENUINE HONDA LONG 6TH GEAR KIT K20 as I do a lot of motorway journeys. If anyone wants feedback on fuel economy to ping a message to me and I shall take photos of MPG.

The gear kit is generally used for supercharged cars to get a higher top end speed. I guess it could improve MPG but if you need to accelerate or go up a hill, you'll have a lower torque multiplier to the wheels with the longer gear and you'll need to use more throttle. Pros and cons.

Fit the Eibach spring kit. The front springs are progressive and will take a lot of harshness out of the ride.

If the Eibach spring kit doesn't get enough comfort for you - I also fitted Koni yellow adjustable shocks. Koni didn't make any for the fn2 in particular but I fitted 8641-1416 sport (front) and 8041-1360 sport (rear). The ride still feels well controlled but noticeably less harsh.

What's the ratio of the 6th gear you're referring to? Is it the 0.659?

I think it'll be beneficial for a 'refinement' point of view, giving you a lower motorway cruising RPM but I doubt you'll notice enough of a MPG difference for you to notice any fuel cost saving.

Regarding suspension, I bet just replacing the shocks with new would be an improvement, though I'd be tempted by the Konis.

The gear kit is generally used for supercharged cars to get a higher top end speed. I guess it could improve MPG but if you need to accelerate or go up a hill, you'll have a lower torque multiplier to the wheels with the longer gear and you'll need to use more throttle. Pros and cons.

Fit the Eibach spring kit. The front springs are progressive and will take a lot of harshness out of the ride.

From What I see online it good for motorway journeys as in the next few months I will be doing a minimum 80 - 90-mile journey back and forth from work.

Where can I get these Eibach spring kit from?
Also, do they lower the car?
If so doesn't it make it a harsher ride?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Eibach spring kit doesn't get enough comfort for you - I also fitted Koni yellow adjustable shocks. Koni didn't make any for the fn2 in particular but I fitted 8641-1416 sport (front) and 8041-1360 sport (rear). The ride still feels well controlled but noticeably less harsh.

Going to look into this Eibach Spring kit :D

What's the ratio of the 6th gear you're referring to? Is it the 0.659?

I think it'll be beneficial for a 'refinement' point of view, giving you a lower motorway cruising RPM but I doubt you'll notice enough of a MPG difference for you to notice any fuel cost saving.

Regarding suspension, I bet just replacing the shocks with new would be an improvement, though I'd be tempted by the Konis.

What do you mean for refinement?
Couldnt tell you ratio but from what is stated on the website RPM is much lower at 70. Going with basic car knowledge the lower the RPM at high speed you would using a lot petrol? To be honest when I am having fun on b-roads I rarely get out of forth gear. Just thought it would make sense for long journeys.

This is the RPM claims Mph Old New 50 - 2500 - 2100 62 - 3200 - 2700 68 - 3500 - 2900 75 - 3800 - 3200 82 - 4100 - 3400 88 - 4500 - 3700

Back