• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Autocar - the fake sound is new, its not been recalibrated for the face lift. Vtec rush? Its vtec but not a cam change one. Seriously, these journalists wind me up. R not for the road? Grow some balls. Comfort is useless from steering and throttle response you absolute jessie.

I still struggle with the limited edition. As one of the reviews said, the GT on stickier rubber would run it close. If you are going to do an extreme track version, as well as radio and aircon get rid of back seats as well, maybe a bump in power. Its not one or the other for me, and not having aircon or radio is a big sacrifice. If the 20 owners are only going to track them then good luck to them but I don't feel like I am missing out, which is surely the point of a halo car.

Sportline is a weird name as well, normally for the 'slower but looks like the quick version' - 'S Line, R Line, St Line' etc. Id have actually mixed it up, and had the Sportline as the GT (more of a grand tourer with the softer tyres) the Type R and then the Banana.

rant over.:D

One thing missing from the original car was the ability to configure an individual mode so you could have a mix of throttle map, suspension and steering. As Fan says above. the pre canned throttle map in comfort is useless.

I can't understand why they haven't done that for the facelift car.

I wonder if they're being given 0 mile demonstrators (Given the newness) and that's a part reason for the reported concern over ride quality?

IMO, Thinking back to when the car was new, the dampers did seem a little more "aggressive", Particularly in secondary ride - After a few thousand miles, the smaller imperfections are more rounded off and body control still perfect. (Could just be my imagination though!)

Interesting to see they've only sold 2794 here! Rarer than I thought!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I'm feeling pretty chuffed now about getting one of the last (discounted) '2019' models (actually built March 2020) to replace my much loved 2017.

The old one was so bloody brilliant, I had a feeling they might over egg the pudding with the facelift!

I’m at a loss to why they tweaked the suspension apart from a little more camber on the front, the actual damping is bang on, still surprises me how good it is. Dampers like any component that moves will need bedding in so yes a bit tighter than an older version however I doubt enough of a difference to notice.

Current issue of US mag Motortrend have a review of the new CTR within a comparison with a other 'hot compacts' ....plot spoiler: the Honda easily wins... otherall completely favourable review apart from a small mention of the suspension "The retuned, quicker-sampling dampers numb the ride a bit compared to the 2017 iteration"...

we got the best one..! You can keep your soon to be manky alcantara, tear drop gearstick and sound composer!! (although id quite like the gear stick..)

Must say, think I'm glad it's not a huge improvement - as with you, don't want an alcantara wheel (would be grotty in short order!) or fake sounds.

Gearstick I sorted myself with the acuity and a skunk2 - better than the OE2020 I'm sure

Also, aside from logr, isn't the headunit screen smaller for the physical buttons?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

we got the best one..! You can keep your soon to be manky alcantara, tear drop gearstick and sound composer!! (although id quite like the gear stick..)

Yes, the 2020 knob is the only upgrade I'd like. It's particularly sweet because it's like the original Integra DC2 one.

Let's see if we can get a group buy or something going!

Yes, the 2020 knob is the only upgrade I'd like. It's particularly sweet because it's like the original Integra DC2 one.

Let's see if we can get a group buy or something going!

i was looking into it last night. Cox motor parts dont do them, but can order from honda. Reading the Civicx some issue with a locking nut an collar to make compatible with the 17 'stick' not sure how relevant now as shouldbe resolved

Haltamer you seem very handy with the tools, get one will you and do a how to!!! :D:lol:

Great review... but without direct comparison to flag up any subtle improvements, most of it could be said about the pre-face car too...
and the actual price of a new GT (or the de-winged ‘Manx cat’ Sportline) in blue, would be £35,670.00, not the £32,820 as stated (that’s for the standard car that nobody ever buys - in flat red). Stick on the 5yr service pack and 5yr extended warranty and you’re looking at the thick end of £36,500... Ouch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back