Home
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Common Civic Faults

Quote Originally Posted by dy53type-r
    got the car back tuesday

while replacing the rack they decided it needed new track rod end hence delay in repair steering feels sooooh much better
    shame the steering wheel is not straight and it now pulls to the left

so it is going back on tuesday to have them put right also they are going to repair the scratch they put on it
    and also for the fourth time now the engine light is back on so they can sort that to hopefully permanantly this time

not to impressed with dealer so far
    Once you're sorted change dealer.
    Octavia vRS

Quote Originally Posted by Neily03
    Quote Originally Posted by dy53type-r
    got the car back tuesday

while replacing the rack they decided it needed new track rod end hence delay in repair steering feels sooooh much better
    shame the steering wheel is not straight and it now pulls to the left

so it is going back on tuesday to have them put right also they are going to repair the scratch they put on it
    and also for the fourth time now the engine light is back on so they can sort that to hopefully permanantly this time

not to impressed with dealer so far
    Once you're sorted change dealer.
    most definatly will cowboys

Default very good sticky

I have noticed a wind noise coming from my windshield at high speeds was around about 140 *** so dont think i could mention that to them but if it gets worse i will. i got a years warranty from dealer so might bring it up when it goes in 4 service.

also think my heat sheild vibrating too seems kinda sloppy when i flicked it but seems tight enuf on screws but that only vibrates at low rpm's so not too bothered

Has any 1 else ever had a vabration from brakes pads when goin over cobbles? think mine need replaced so currently saving pennies for new set.
    only reason i came to this is i heard a rattle when goin over some cobbles and as soon as i dabbed the brakes on the rattle went away.

but never had to deal with my dealer yet on any issues but they were real nice when i was buying car.

last thing i also have like a rumble comnig from exhaust when i down shift at low speeds does any 1 elses ctr do this? nothing has been touched on the car so just a thought?

bye bye no speeding

Has anyone had condensation in their headlamps ive just had both mine replaced today as i could have popped in a couple of gold fish!!! (Eat your heart out Pimp My Ride)

Driven like it was stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Project90 View Post
    I have noticed a wind noise coming from my windshield at high speeds was around about 140 *** so dont think i could mention that to them but if it gets worse i will. i got a years warranty from dealer so might bring it up when it goes in 4 service.
    I hope this is on private roads.

This is a common fault. I had it on my Civic Sport although it was present at lower speeds 90mph. The dealer should know of the problem, the fix to replace/reseat the screen seal. This requires the screen to be removed.
    04 Silver Civic Sport --> 05 Cosmic EP3 --> 07 Milano FN2 GT --> 09 Crystal Black FN2 --> Merc barges

Default head light motor

well as suspected i had a failure on my pasenger headlight motor my dealer took a look at it and had the part within 1 week so getting it replaced on the 18th this month, so very good service there from dealer.

and never had my car upto that speen again so dont know if it was just high winds or seal but if it comes in at lower speed i probally ask my dealer about it..

but i normally do 80 or 90 on roads and car is faultless at them speeds so fine by me.
    1 shall stand, 1 shall fall

R - 23263

Thanked 1,248 Times in 667 Posts

I reached a stupid speed at a Kent meet once and my windscreen started howling. I took it straight back to the dealer and they reseated
    Damian

Looking for a childminder in Haverhill? www.busy-bears.com

yes the ctr is not designed to have a crafty fag in. u need to be wearing waterproofs lol

Thanked 4,534 Times in 2,525 Posts

rattly steering rack.

gearbox whines.

rear road noise.

the CTR is a very reliable beast in my opinion.

i have the problem with my alarm going off on my 02 ctr, it was going of every night for about 2weeks then hasnt done it again since..whats that about??