• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Won't go into reverse

My Type R has suddenly stopped going into reverse(Correction it will if I grind it whilst slipping the clutch but then won't come back out).

Any ideas what would cause this? I have a horribe feeling it is going to be a new gearbox job so if you have any contacts to keep the cost down that would also be good!

Common problem on the ATR is 5th and reverse syncro.
You can sort it without havin to buy new gearbox.
Mine did the same thing about 10k ago all i did was smack it out of reverse a couple of times an when i got round to takin it to garage it never did it again an hasnt done since

Reverse Gear

Type.R230 said:
Common problem on the ATR is 5th and reverse syncro.
You can sort it without havin to buy new gearbox.
Mine did the same thing about 10k ago all i did was smack it out of reverse a couple of times an when i got round to takin it to garage it never did it again an hasnt done since

Yeah mine did it first time about 5k ago and I did just that but this time it is not getting better.

I am sure there is somethin somewhere that says if u take it to honda they will stand to the parts u just need to pay the labour.
If u look on the accord type r owners club am sure there is plenty of info on this one mate

depends on how good your local honda is, how pretty your face is and what day of the month it is - but deffo worth a try 8)

Oh no! Hope you can get it sorted out. On the same subject, can anyone tell me if a slight graunch during a high-speed(both car speed and arm speed)change from 4th to 5th is normal? I have to be on a full-on redline assault for it to happen. My gearbox has apparently been done, but i have no paperwork to back it up. I got a good price though, even if it does go.

Marge

Better overnight!

Slammed it in and out a few times and sems to be working ok again. Really really strange! Going to re-install breakdown cover and see how it goes. Thanks guy's / gals!

mine has finally given in and is in need of re build :cry:
Just wondered how u were gettin on with yours mate :?:

takin mine to local porsche garage hopefully this week if it comes back from mongoose to get started on re buildin it

will do mate no problem.
I am lucky as i took aout an extended 3yr warranty at time of purchase so they should cover it.
If you have no waranty it may be worth looking into getting one sorted.
Mine is with a company called NAC

Back